Videos from the slipe and slide 2 weeks ago

94 DropTop

Reaction score
Looks good. You need to get some real tires. Are you on the stock suspension? Before you shift out of first it looks like you front end is getting slammed down before it should. Maybe its just video lag. Im no drag expert but to me it def looks like you might want to invest in a in some suspension goodies. I bet you could drop down into a very low 12 or high 11 if you get your launch figured out. Not really sure what your goals are. What are your 60fts?

OP
OP
B

Bullitt5339

Reaction score
I have full drag suspension on the car, I just think I had the Strange Adjustables set a little too soft. I was unloading the rear tires, which doesn't help either. I think I may also have too much pinion angle in the car, and it's hitting the tires really hard on the launch, which would unload them.

Right now, I'm really limited by the 555R's. I'm picking up a set of Hoosiers on Friday, and going back to the track on Saturday night with a few small adjustments and the new tires.

My 60ft's on the 555R's are in the mid 1.7's right now. 1.72 being my best, but typically 1.74's. I know with the Hoosiers I can cut that down quite a bit though, along with tightening up the front so it doesn't drop as quick, and possibly softening up the rear so it actually squats.

JStang98

Reaction score
nice man, i didnt realize you go to fayetteville. i need to get down there sometime this summer.

OP
OP
B

Bullitt5339

Reaction score
Fayetteville and Rockingham. I'll be in Rockingham this Saturday if my Hoosiers are on the car.

duff daddy

Legend
Reaction score
Travis only us north guys mess with slicks, the southern folk love the radials.

Car looks good a 1.7 with that car is nothing to squak at. I think Tommy G a few years ago at NMRA z max dropped a 1.4x I think with his FS car. So you to only be .3 off that is more then good.

OP
OP
B

Bullitt5339

Reaction score
Yeah, NDRRA is really big around here. Most of the outlaw 10.5 guys are now running either Outlaw 275 Drag Radials or X275 Drag Radials. Real Street 275 is also a huge class. It's a lot of fun to watch seriously fast cars run down the track on 275 Drag Radials.

Outlaw 10.5 guys are running 4.6's in the 1/8th on 275 drag radial
X275 guys are running 4.8's and RS275 guys are running 5.40's, but the RS guys aren't allowed to run Hoosiers, they're stuck with M/T's for the most part.

Once I get some real drag radials on the car, I believe the car will put down 1.5X 60ft times. I found a couple problems with the rear suspension yesterday. The pinion angle was -5* because one of the upper control arms wasn't adjusted correctly and was binding. Got that all fixed, so we'll head back out in a couple weeks and see what the difference is on Hoosiers and with a rear suspension that should actually work now.

I figure when you can do this on drag radials with stock style rear suspension, there's no point in running slicks:

Jason_Lee2.jpg

rwk_7873_std.jpg

OP
OP
B

Bullitt5339

Reaction score
As far as my goals:

11.99 or better on a radial with stock longblock, heads, cams and intake.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CBR51Stang

Members online