Vortech kit???

MTB'94

Reaction score
Hey again guys/gals. Haven't been able to look online much over the last few weeks but as usual my mind doesn't quit thinking about what to do with my car! So I've got a '94 GT that I'd like to put a Vortech kit on. But, I don't want all the fuel system or timing stuff that comes with the kit. I want just the charger setup and then purchase my own fuel system and have it dyno tuned locally. I actually emailed Vortech about it but wanted to reach out to you all as well for input.

Does anyone know if this is a possibility?

Thanks in advance!:headbang:

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
is it that hard to upgrade the fuel pump and the injectors? I mean I know it isn't because that is what I did now putting my vortech on. What about the timing scares you?

96gt4.6

Reaction score
i believe he is just saying he doesn't want their stuff that comes with their kit, and wants to get the fuel system that he wants

OP
OP
M

MTB'94

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. 96gt4.6 is right. I contacted Vortech directly and they led me to a kit.

TT94SVT

Reaction score
Hey again guys/gals. Haven't been able to look online much over the last few weeks but as usual my mind doesn't quit thinking about what to do with my car! So I've got a '94 GT that I'd like to put a Vortech kit on. But, I don't want all the fuel system or timing stuff that comes with the kit. I want just the charger setup and then purchase my own fuel system and have it dyno tuned locally. I actually emailed Vortech about it but wanted to reach out to you all as well for input.

Does anyone know if this is a possibility?

Thanks in advance!:headbang:

I made good power on a cobra (24 lb injectors) with a two turbos and an FMU to start, and it was pretty cheap. The tune, injectors and maf have made a decent difference and i'm sure it will pay off in the end but all of that stuff was crazy expensive.

If you really don't want to mess with the fuel and timing just go turbo with a low wastegate spring and a wide band and see what you can get away with.
note: If you are going to run an FMU stay far away from a fixed rate FMU. The rising rate regulator from BEGI is very easy to use and "tune with". I also believe vortech makes an adjustable unit.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online