WHAT DO U GUYS THINK OF MY CARS TRACK TIMES?

Viper_Hunter

Reaction score
I have a 95 gt stock motor with xpipe and flowmasters, fuel pressure reg. 255lph pump and a vortech v-1 around 6psi hopefully 11 soon....Anyways what do you guys think that the car would run at the track? also its a 5spd? Any input would be great i dont really know to much about the superchargerd cars im more a turbo guy.....thanks

fiveowed

Reaction score
mid to low 13's depending on how good of driver you are and how high the track is above sea level

OP
OP
V

Viper_Hunter

Reaction score
really? i thought the car could go 12's with more boost? ive sein the ratings on a vortech v-1 on 10 psi should be well over 100hp just on the blower?

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
Instead of speculating - just go to the track and find out! :)

Oh, and horsepower does not = track times

AaRoN

King Post Whore
Reaction score
Paul said:
Instead of speculating - just go to the track and find out! :)

Oh, and horsepower does not = track times

right on! tq has much more to do with it. but more importantly- traction and weight. the more traction you have and the less you weigh will make what power you have more effective. obviously there's more to it. anyway just go to the track and let us know what you run.

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
you will not see 12's unless you have an ass load of suspension work, some big slicks and want to break shit. trust me. i tried, and i had about 2-3K more work done to my car.

OP
OP
V

Viper_Hunter

Reaction score
well what do u mean? will i not hook or will i not make the power? i dont understand ive sein sc fox bodys go 12's all day with this setup and i understand that my car weights more and everything. well i dont care if i cant hook right now as long as i make the power!

quickstang_1994

Reaction score
power is only as good as what you can use. go to the track and get a base time. you will probably will run mid 13's. Is your vortech an s-trim or a-trim it sounds like an a-trim by your boost level.

ryclef331

Reaction score
Viper_Hunter said:
well what do u mean? will i not hook or will i not make the power? i dont understand ive sein sc fox bodys go 12's all day with this setup and i understand that my car weights more and everything. well i dont care if i cant hook right now as long as i make the power!

that is just dumb. You can have you 350+rwhp all day....but when you get fucking WORKED over by a car with 250hp that HOOKS, your not going to look any cooler. You car HAS the POTENTIAL to run 12's I'm sure but you gotta get it to the ground to do.

12 second car with a 13 second driver....

ripper

Reaction score
If you have never been to the track dont be surprised to see 14's. Its harder than it looks. When i started going my tuner didnt care wtf my et's were he was only interested in my mph. HP makes tq and tq is what gets ya good et's. But if you cant plant the tq then :dunno:. Just go and have fun. Oh yea and like KB said expect to break shit. Thats racin. :hammer:

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
Exactly, my wimpy stock GT has taken down its fair share of much faster and more powerful cars simply because I have the run a bit more dialed in than they do.

Everyone wants to go fast, and most people just throw parts/money at it - then ask "What do you think I'll run?"

The better approach is to just go to the track and RACE. Over and over and over and over and over again. Then let us know how it goes. :)

Paul.

ripper

Reaction score
First time i went to the track i was in line BS'n with the guys and after lookin at my car they said you got a 12 sec car no problem. I was like pissed lol. I was hopin for 10's LMAO. So down i go come around grab my slip and WTF 15 somthin ROTF. I was friggin horrified. I had some lame as kumutos, no driving skills, and a tune that would make you puke lol. But i was disapointed and pissed all at the same time. Well after like 3 more tries i managed somehow to pull off a 14.99. (Your gonna luv this Paul) A GIRL in a stock 95gt smoked me on one run and she had an auto. :hammer: OMG funny stuff.

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
I was layin' the smackdown on some 99+ GTs, a 98 Cobra, and even a HCI 101 mph fox. :) Sad part is, I was only running 14.4-5 most runs. Muahahaha. :)

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
exactly! on the track i couldnt put down my 400TQ even with my 315DR's and on the street shit i would get beat by slightly modded LS1's. Get some suspension work done and get it dialed it. some slick will help but dont think that cause you have 340HP and 370TQ you will run 12's.

if i had to go back and do it over again i would get some better suspension, drag launch kit, UCA LCA i had sub frames full lengths, id go with some 28" slicks etc

S

scarface

you WILL need suspension work...I had 400 whp in my 97 gt, and I couldnt get any traction. My wife could out run my in our durango.

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
You can run 12s without suspension work, it just takes practice. With the old 418 (347rwhp/442rwtq NA) I still managed a 1.90 60' time and ran 12's on 275/35/18 Kumhos in a 3680 lb car with 100% factory rear suspension. You have to learn your car well enough to know just how much wheelspin is enough, and practice the balance between bogging and annihilating the tires. Most folks just mash the throttle and wonder why they have no traction.

Paul.

ripper

Reaction score
Yea I went to the track every week. Sometimes twice a week. Dumped alot of money in the motor and did sub frame connectors and UCA's. The practice finally paid off and got me a 12.75. Now i have a whole new setup and got to learn it all over. But thats what makes it fun :banana:. If you could just go there and run what your car was supposed to every time it would be like fishing with dynamite.

S

scarface

I like to set my suspension up to make up for my lack of driving skills. I want to floor it and go.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hazel113

Members online