What next?

ko 5.0

Reaction score
Alright, I am picking up my 95 gt on Tuesday from the garage. I have a mostly stock 5 speed, except my whining gears that are being fixed (3.73). I have K&N airfilter. I've had the car for 6 years, 107,000 miles and have only put on new brakes a a new radiator. I have about $1500-$2000 for some mods. I was thinking I need new rims, tires, and would like to lower it a bit. I'm also thinking about cobra bumpers both front and back and a new hood. What do you guys think. If I learn how to load a picture, I will post one on Tuesday. Let me know some specs guys. Love the site.

OP
OP
K

ko 5.0

Reaction score
I am also thinking about exhaust

[attachment deleted by admin] SORRY HAD TO CLEAR ROOM

Downshift

Reaction score
Looks clean man. Congrats. What rims are you looking to go for? I would say get the rims/tires and lowering springs and camber plates and that stuff, and get the hood but use teh money from the bumpers for some performance parts like exhuast and other goodies. Anyway man looking good. I love black but damn is it a bitch to keep clean.

97vertstang

Reaction score
wow, u got a really nice car to start off with. i say some wheels!!! next :thumb:

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Car looks very clean, nice find!

If I wanted more performance
I would go:

H&R Supersport Lowering Springs
Tri-AX, Pro 5.0, or MGW short shifter
Offroad H Pipe
Flowmaster (or your choice) mufflers
Underdrive Pulleys
Possibly headers

If I wanted more looks id go:
18" Wheels
H&R Supersport Springs
Aftermarket Headlights (clear, or smoked clear...off ebay)

BUT imo a stang needs exhaust!!! :)

OP
OP
K

ko 5.0

Reaction score
Thanks Guys, Matt are you running 18" rims? What size tires? Any spacers? I think I would like to go for looks first then spped later. Exhaust is on the short list, right after rims and springs? How hard is it to put new springs in? I have access to a lift and a garage full of tools. ANy recommendation on exhaust?

94gtstang50

Reaction score
Exhaust wise I'd say flowmaster or mac. 5.0's are relatively easy to do headers on, so I'd say get the whole exhaust system, mine shaved 1 sec off my 1/4 mile time.

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
i dont like flowmasters myself. my car had flowmasters dumped when i got it, but i change that pretty quick. got the bassani bx catback now and i like it. sounds good i think

wytstang

Reaction score
My first mod was the steeda short shift major improment. You can get the short shift and new rims/tires for what you have to spend. You may have enough for under drive pulleys as well (ASP).

OP
OP
K

ko 5.0

Reaction score
Ok, here is what i'm thinking: :banana:

Springs - Eibach Prokit - would you guys change shocks also, thinking of KYB for shocks

Wheel/Rim - Thinking FR 500, 17x9 fronts and 17x10.5 in back - what size tires and what make (summer daily driver)
Will the tires be out to the fender or will I need spacers to do that, any rubbing issues you can see?

Exhaust - stock headers, so I am thinking Mac Catted H Pipes - if I switch to mac shorties down the road, will these fit?

Any comments

Thanks guys

94gtstang50

Reaction score
Yes the mac catted h will fit with stock and aftermarket shorty headers. KYB agx's are what I'm going with. Eibach will look real good, as will the wheels.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online