what to do?

J

joelbegt

what to do??? i want to lower my car and do it right the first time around. i can't decide if i want full blown coilover suspension or just lowering springs. i'll write my 2 lists down and i need help deciding which to go with. one list is double the price of the other, but i'd be willing to pay that. i drive my car daily and we get snow here in the winter. i think i would like the height adjustability of coilovers, but i've heard they have there negitives that come with the positives. i know how a vehicle should handle so i guess i want a daily driver car but im willing to give up comforts for better handling. what should i do? spend around 1k on #1 and invest the rest elsewhere or fork over around 2k for #2?

eibach sportline system plus kit
mm cc plates

or
mm complete coilover kit
mm panhard bar
mm full lenght subframe connectors

ReplicaR

Reaction score
You need to seriously rephrase your question. What you just asked is like asking, should I get roller rockers or heads and cam because I want more power. One is way more effective than the other, but one also costs twice as much. What kind of option comparison is what?

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
i'm pretty sure you would have to buy a few other things IF you got that PHB... someone can step in and give better info on it but I think you have other things you have to do...

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I'd go sub frames with either.

I sure like my coilovers, if you can swing the cost of them. does your car need new struts anyway?

line out the pros/cons of each setup.

OP
OP
J

joelbegt

yea the sfc could be on both kits i guess. i could basicaly do #1 and get a low mile pi motor for the same price as just #2. i just can't decide. the phb will require the exhaust to be removed. i do need shocks n struts. so i guess i need to ask what would be funner and a smarter move. #1 w a pi motor or just #2?

realitygt

Legend
Reaction score
#1 pi motor will make a lot of diff. alot of people do the steeda bumper steer kit and x2 ball joint along with the springs and c/c plates but it really doesn't make a difference from what i've seen

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Most of the cost of coilovers is the strut.
since you need them anyway, I"d go coilovers on the front, and springs on the rear.
sub frame connectors you can add whenever, reduces body flex and effects performance some, and less squeaks n stuff.
You need the MM CC plates to go with the coilovers.
I'd also do lower control arms for starters, you can run that way for a while, and add the PHB later if you wanna improve it more down the road.

OP
OP
J

joelbegt

yea right around that from stangsuspension.com #1 is the kit with eibach sway bars, springs, and struts n shocks, and mm cc plates. i think im leaning toward mm complete coilover kit, lca, and i'll save 100bucks for the mm phb to go with it. it'll be around 2100ish total. thats better than i thought i'd be.

vermilion

Legend
Reaction score
coilovers are expensive for my budget. but from what i read well worth it. sub-frames are always well worth it. im looking into some right as we speak.

chromeyellow

Reaction score
if you can swing it, go for the coilovers, especially in the front. Due to the stock k-member/a-arms, when you lower the Mustang a lot (say with the sportlines) you'll get some screwy handling. This can be mitigated with all those little steeda parts: bumpsteer kit, offset rack bushings, and X2 ball joints, which will work well. But, then you've just spent as much as you were going to spend on the coilover setup, but you still don't have the advantages of a coilover setup.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDTag

Members online