What wax is top product?

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
I get this question could spiral out of control with answers. Im wanting to see what folks are using.

A few questions;
Are there products that hold out longer than others?

What kind of wax to stay away from?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Sex wax for my surf boards.
Dakine for my snowboards
Land O ledges for curb wax for when I hit the skate park.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
a few years ago at a show I was given a small sample of this stuff. I had actually just put a nice wax job on the car but tried it in a small area and was amazed how deep it made the paint look. It is not a long lasting wax but it is also the easiest wax I have ever put on so I would do it quick the night before a show. On one occasion it had the members of my club thinking I repainted it black because of the lighting on it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/P21s-WAX-CO...610373?hash=item3f2b131485:g:~pAAAOxy3zNSfngK

Mustanger

Reaction score
I see several very expensive ones some with a dozen or more bottles to use for this or that or whatever...I end up with Meguiars NXT premium Tech Wax as my preferred one. So easy to put on & smells good...hard to say how long it lasts....I wax mine about once or twice a month not because it needs it because I like to do it. It gets the Detailer spray at the car shows ....it makes my 23 year old paint look spectacular...& on my son's Black Mach I he gets raves about his paint when I do his. I have a can of Meguiars Gold Class pure Carnuba I have been known to use once in a while. Then on my poor Red F150 that can never spend a night in the garage I use Mequiars Cleaner Wax to cut the oxidation, ( I swear by this stuff) Then the next day I'll Go over it with NXT Tech Wax... it lasts a good 3-6 months if I get lazy there.

chris91

Reaction score
The p21s stuff ttocs posted is the shit. He sent me a little jar of it and I love it. Had to buy a big jar. You can get it on plastic and stuff and it doesn't leave a white residue which is nice too.

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Scott has been raving about that P21 stuff for years, but I have not yet had a chance to try it.

Most higher end waxes have similar properties:

Easy to apply
Great for smoothing out the paint
Nice beading
Great protection

I have been using Moose Wax for quite some time from The Rag Shack (forum sponsor) and love it.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I must of missed where it said car wax!!! ;-)

Meguiars has always been my go to.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I have put waxes on that didn't look bad and did make it look better but normally I had not waxed the car for some time so it was hard to say that they were good/better/best. The p21 I put on the day after I did a nice glaze/wax job on the car and was amazed to be able to see the area it was applied just had a deeper finish. When I got the bottle and did the whole car and pulled up at my club a couple guys thought I had painted the car black.

OP
OP
96blak54

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Get this!

My wiper cowl had seen better days and i wanted to bring it black.

Hhhmmm....ill try this pledge, see what happens. To my surprise the plastic went gloss black. For how long or if itll junk up, who knows, but it looks good now.

Here's the point of the story. Some over wipe got on the paint. I attempted to wipe the pledge off with no luck and honestly, the paint was poppin. Thats weird! So i decided to wax out a smal section on the roof.

Let me remind you guys how i painted the car. I hand sanded the original paint with a corse block and then rattle canned the piss out of it. Like 8cans per door, fender...so on. I used krylon oil rubbed bronze that has clear within it. Then wet sanded it twice (do not recommend by hand).

So applying this furniture polish/multi surface polish to this paint is a good fit. This paint absorbed the polish much like this high dollar car wax i got thats fitted for "just painted cars" but the results are far better. Car looks great! For how long or if itll junk it up, who knows...lol.

The effort was minimal! Literally spray on, wipe even, let sit.........any after wipe was to even the wet wax, if needed.

Like 10minutes to wax the entire car.

Not sure how well pledge works with clear coat or if you guys would even think about applying it to clear. Cause im sure 99% of the cars here are clear coated and im the 1% brokeass that cant afford a nice paint job. Or nice wax...

Why am i telling you guys this?

So that you will have something to read when you visit sn95forums! Now click the like button!

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
[MENTION=14727]96blak54[/MENTION]

If nobody has told ya lately then I will............

.....your a dork, but that’s why we keep ya around!!!! ;-)

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I hear if you hand buff your own urine that it works as an amazing wax. The real karate kid was "Wax on, wax off, piss on, pissed off!" but it got edited down for time.

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
Not one of you hit the like button!

I did

703.gif

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010