Which SC on my stock internals Cobra

97vertstang

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 11, 2006
Messages
2,879
Reaction score
1
hey slither,
heard ur shit hooks like hell???? carlos told me u were beating up on everybody???? too bad i was working that day and couldnt go.
 
OP
OP
S

SLITH3R96

New Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2006
Messages
35
Reaction score
1
97vertstang said:
hey slither,
heard ur shit hooks like hell???? carlos told me u were beating up on everybody???? too bad i was working that day and couldnt go.


LOL I havent read this thread forever.... I decided to go with the Vortech after hearing common horsepower numbers, something around 400ish to the wheels. Better than the 450ish I originally thought it would make. And yes the car hooks SO AMAZING. I beat David (green Cobra), a Saleen (kinda), a '00 SuperSport, and 94pacecar ;D
 
Joined
Oct 30, 2006
Messages
129
Reaction score
0
SLITH3R96 said:
97vertstang said:
hey slither,
heard ur shit hooks like hell???? carlos told me u were beating up on everybody???? too bad i was working that day and couldnt go.


LOL I havent read this thread forever.... I decided to go with the Vortech after hearing common horsepower numbers, something around 400ish to the wheels. Better than the 450ish I originally thought it would make. And yes the car hooks SO AMAZING. I beat David (green Cobra), a Saleen (kinda), a '00 SuperSport, and 94pacecar ;D

Did you write up an install on this? Did you go with a new setup or used? How much it run ya approx? You can pm if you don't want to disclose. TIA.
 

CanaryGT

Well-Known Member
Joined
May 22, 2006
Messages
3,689
Reaction score
2
Location
Phoenix
Okay, so from what I have read, it seems that you all suggest staying with 4.10's but instead of a KB, you should go with the Vortech because of the type of blower it is. Now, heres my question. If you had a modular engine I can see why you would need the lower end tq. But on the pushrod with my 4.10's as it is, would it be too much to have both gears and the SC?? I mean too much because its going to be a daily driver and perhaps sometimes ill bring her to the track. I really want to get the best one and money isnt an issue... (i want it to be able to bolt on straight to a stock block). Also which one is louder? Cause I say :rockyou: quiet sc's!!! If your gonna do it, do it right!
 

LETHALINJECTION

New Member
Joined
Nov 26, 2006
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
notfastenuf said:
SLITH3R96 said:
97vertstang said:
hey slither,
heard ur shit hooks like hell???? carlos told me u were beating up on everybody???? too bad i was working that day and couldnt go.


LOL I havent read this thread forever.... I decided to go with the Vortech after hearing common horsepower numbers, something around 400ish to the wheels. Better than the 450ish I originally thought it would make. And yes the car hooks SO AMAZING. I beat David (green Cobra), a Saleen (kinda), a '00 SuperSport, and 94pacecar ;D

Did you write up an install on this? Did you go with a new setup or used? How much it run ya approx? You can pm if you don't want to disclose. TIA.
hahahhaha your fucking funny dude.how in the fucking world did you "kinda" beat me? i fucking handed that ass to you in my saleen. As for david i don't remember about that race. About 94pacecar the foo will fucking smoke your ass left and right all night long there's no way your shit will go in the 12 from what you tell people.If that was the case that means that my stock non supercharged saleen goes in the fucking mid to low 12's witch will never happend when i'm stock!. I have money that 94pacecar will smoke you at nuevo heads up.... Let me get my car back and i'll smoke you again like i did the last two time that we race. What gets me ,ad about people like you is that when you lose you don't know how to lose. I do i have lost before and i amit it Shit with out losing what's so great about wining I SAY.but it's cool go on telling people thatt you beat all kinds of cars in the street's and what not.just like that gto would have took your money tonight and the srt4 that you would not race after you talk all your shit to him OH AND YOU GOT PULLED OVER RACING A F250 WITCH you could not catch up and would not race for money against a diesel truck..but it's ok don't get your pannies in a bunch about this post that i did.......



-FRANKIE
 

jpajkos

Active Member
Joined
Jun 20, 2006
Messages
622
Reaction score
1
Kenne Bells also have oil issues. If it was my cobra I would go ATI all the way. I think kenne bells shine more in the terminators and 3v's. I have seen a 96 cobra make 488 rwhp with bolt ons and a pullied intercooled procharger. But hey man its your money.
 

CanaryGT

Well-Known Member
Joined
May 22, 2006
Messages
3,689
Reaction score
2
Location
Phoenix
I was looking into the Vortechs a lot just because I like em. I think I will just go with them instead of freaking out about it. I know that the kennebell is twin screw and it creates the power differently (powerband wise) but the vortech may be the best bet if I just keep my 4.10's in the car. The one thing that does piss me off is I cannot find a aftercooler for a 95 GT mustang for my vortech. They sell up to 93, then 96 and above.... I guess us pushrod SN's are sometimes shit outta luck... :'(
 

97vertstang

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 11, 2006
Messages
2,879
Reaction score
1
CanaryGT said:
I was looking into the Vortechs a lot just because I like em. I think I will just go with them instead of freaking out about it. I know that the kennebell is twin screw and it creates the power differently (powerband wise) but the vortech may be the best bet if I just keep my 4.10's in the car. The one thing that does piss me off is I cannot find a aftercooler for a 95 GT mustang for my vortech. They sell up to 93, then 96 and above.... I guess us pushrod SN's are sometimes shit outta luck... :'(
theres no room for it thats why.
 

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
13,863
Reaction score
130
Location
SLC, UT
Either blower would be sweet. Vortec and ATI are not much different as far as gains. Most if it is Hype from either side IMO.
All blowers have issues here and there.

You'll want stickier tires if you've got traction issues now, and if the 410's are too steep, swap them after the blower goes on and you drive it a bit.

I'd go KB for street driving, if you can swing it, but like I said, any blower is a big improvement.
 

jpajkos

Active Member
Joined
Jun 20, 2006
Messages
622
Reaction score
1
Yes all blowers I guess has there flaws? Kenne bells work out nice for the 03-04 cobra setup. It's been proven. However reading up alot of of the 96-01s Alot of people have gone ATI. But its all personal opinion. ATI has a great reputation and IMO is the best Centrifugal blower on the market for mustangs/Cobra's. Good luck with your decsion
 

97vertstang

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 11, 2006
Messages
2,879
Reaction score
1
one of my friends just went to get quoted for a sc install in a 01 mustang gt, he wanted a procharger, and the shop(very good shop around here) said they preferred the vortech or paxton over the procharger.they told him if he wanted procharger, they will install it but for longetivity and reliability paxton and vortech were better.
 

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
13,863
Reaction score
130
Location
SLC, UT
Well if you wanna talk issues, Vortec has the best customer support.
ATI's have had bearing issues, and their support SUCKS.
KB, their kind of cocky if your not a "dealer"

There's mucho hype about all.
If you're going ATI, I'd go with the D1 over the PI, it has a better impeller and will boost sooner.
good luck.
 

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Joined
Jan 12, 2006
Messages
23,204
Reaction score
10
Dalamar said:
Well if you wanna talk issues, Vortec has the best customer support.
ATI's have had bearing issues, and their support SUCKS.
KB, their kind of cocky if your not a "dealer"

There's mucho hype about all.
If you're going ATI, I'd go with the D1 over the PI, it has a better impeller and will boost sooner.
good luck.

Im still trying to find out about the D1 :-\
 

jpajkos

Active Member
Joined
Jun 20, 2006
Messages
622
Reaction score
1
5.HOE said:
one of my friends just went to get quoted for a sc install in a 01 mustang gt, he wanted a procharger, and the shop(very good shop around here) said they preferred the vortech or paxton over the procharger.they told him if he wanted procharger, they will install it but for longetivity and reliability paxton and vortech were better.

Vortech and Paxton are the same company. I had a Novi 2000 on my fox and it worked out ok.
 

CanaryGT

Well-Known Member
Joined
May 22, 2006
Messages
3,689
Reaction score
2
Location
Phoenix
If everything works as planned, I just bought Truuble's blower and I hope to have it on soon! But, Ive decided to keep my 4.10's in the car. I have 3.55's if i change my mind, but who knows. I just cant wait to put it on my car!
 

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
13,863
Reaction score
130
Location
SLC, UT
Congrads :thumb:


BTW, I love your avitar, it makes me laugh ;D
 

CanaryGT

Well-Known Member
Joined
May 22, 2006
Messages
3,689
Reaction score
2
Location
Phoenix
Dalamar said:
Congrads :thumb:


BTW, I love your avitar, it makes me laugh ;D

Well thank you. I am very excited to see what comes of it. And yes, i have decided that Family Guy is simply Amazing...
 

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
77,727
Messages
1,508,865
Members
15,149
Latest member
gregssn96

Members online

Top