Which wheels from other vehicles fit the 94-98?

bennylava

Reaction score
I would like to do something unique for my 94 when it comes to wheels. The FR-500's and the Cobra R's have been done to death. So maybe there's some factory wheels off some other car that would look pretty cool on a 94 Mustang. Who knows what kind of car it might be. Could even be something off a Volkswagen or a Toyota. You never know...

Odds are those wheels would be too narrow. But if I found some that that I really liked, I wouldn't be opposed to having them widened. But they have to actually fit a mustang. How can I tell which wheels would fit?

Anyone got any related pics? Also, which wheels have you seen on some other car, that you thought might look good on a Mustang?

badass98svt

Reaction score
Ranger (not the current generation)
Crown Vic
Lincoln Mark VII
Lincoln Mark VIII
Thunderbird
Mazda B3000
Probe
There's a bunch of others too.

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
99% of wheel scenarios of non mustang cars are to take the better available fitting factory wheels which are pulled from mustangs. Mustangs having the better looking wheels of all factory wheels.

Mustang5L5

Reaction score
Lots of vehicles have the correct 5x 114.3 lug pattern. It's hub bore diameter and offset that oyu need to pay attention to. A lot of vehicles have much deeper offsets than the +30 offset the mustang 17x8 uses

95opal

Reaction score
Lots of vehicles have the correct 5x 114.3 lug pattern. It's hub bore diameter and offset that oyu need to pay attention to. A lot of vehicles have much deeper offsets than the +30 offset the mustang 17x8 uses

Exactly this
You have leeway when it comes to offset but lug pattern and hub bore are two variables that need to be exact.

OP
OP
bennylava

bennylava

Reaction score
Exactly this
You have leeway when it comes to offset but lug pattern and hub bore are two variables that need to be exact.

So do these exclude most wheels from other vehicles? I'm looking to find a rare combination that it's unlikely someone else has thought of. But that still looks good.

Maybe there's a search somewhere where you can put in the specs and it will spit out all the wheels that match it.

Mustang5L5

Reaction score
Well with wheels with larger hub bores, you can purchase hubcentric rings that will slip into the rims to fill the gap.

The SN95 uses a 70.3mm hub bore. So if you find a wheel with an 83mm bore, you would buy something like this.

Hub Centric Ring Set 83mm Wheel Bore OD To 70.3mm Hub ID Compatible With Chevy GMC Buick Cadilac https://a.co/d/56cwMTW

Then for offset, like mentioned the sn95 17x8 uses a +30 offset. So if you got some +45 wheels you’d want a spacer. Which size all depends on wheel specs you are buying.

But now you have spacers and hubcentric rings added to the mix. Throw in costs for widening (if needed) and it almost would be better just to buy custom wheels that fit properly without any spacers/rings.

OP
OP
bennylava

bennylava

Reaction score
But now you have spacers and hubcentric rings added to the mix. Throw in costs for widening (if needed) and it almost would be better just to buy custom wheels that fit properly without any spacers/rings.

By custom you mean made to my exact specifications? If I take your meaning right, I think you're saying pick a style off some other car that I really like, then have some company custom make the wheels to fit a Mustang. I'd be curious to see how that has worked out for people in terms of style/looks.

But maybe you are referring to aftermarket wheels. It seems that Ford was the most capable of coming up with wheels that look good on these cars. The FR-500 wheels, the Cobra R wheel, and even the bullet style wheels all look really good.

Unfortunately most of the aftermarket wheels look like they were trying to design a spider or a spider web into the wheel. Or some kind of flower.

badass98svt

Reaction score
Yeah just go on LMR and take a look at what's available. Probably great deals for BF too

Edit: here ya go. Lots of tempting deals

b1pig

Reaction score
Crown Vic
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Crown Vic wheels would need to be pre 2003, right? It was either 2002 or 2003 that the Crown Vic went to a wider track with a decidedly more importish flat wheel. shooting off the hip, I wouldn't think the '03-up wheel would work on the SN95. Same lug pattern, but the offset (or inset lol) would be ridiculous.

I've actually been looking pretty hard at used wheels on Marketplace. Lots of wheels available that people have had on 350Z's and other Nissans. Haven't bothered to dig into the hub bore, but many of the staggered wheel sets seem to be agreeable to the Mustangs based on what I've read on American Muscle's site and Steeda's.

Last edited:

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
there is an interesting facebook page under the title something of "OEM wheels on other makes/models" that I have to say is kind of interesting and entertaining. It is surprising how some stock/overdone wheels look really cool on other cars. If you asked there you could probably get a list with pics

OP
OP
bennylava

bennylava

Reaction score
there is an interesting facebook page under the title something of "OEM wheels on other makes/models" that I have to say is kind of interesting and entertaining. It is surprising how some stock/overdone wheels look really cool on other cars. If you asked there you could probably get a list with pics

Thanks that's a good one! Lots of cool wheel ideas there. That's what I was looking for. I want to find some wheels that look pretty cool, but no other stanger has. Or at least it would be really unlikely. Then I'll just have a custom center cap made, that shows a horse instead of whatever the original logo was.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I am not sure if it is just because I have probably never seen that car/wheel combination or what but there are some really cool looks on there with factory wheels.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online

No members online now.