Why do people do this????

PinkieT

Reaction score
Have some Mustang parts posted on various sites. One guy was going to come at 1 pm yesterday. Another guy wanted to buy some other parts, originally wanted to meet halfway between his house and mine but said he would come over around 1 pm too. Second guy then texted again, saying the drive was longer than he expected. Guess he learned how to read a map. Guy #1 was a no show. At 2:30 I texted him about his plans. Crickets! I had other things to do, wasted most of my Saturday for nothing. The second guy I may deal with again, but if dude #1 texts me today saying he wants the parts he can go screw himself.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve had this happen a few times. One dude that pulled that shit tried calling me from a different number a month later. He was easy to be remembered. Told him I doubled the price, he asked why, I told him to make up for the time of mine he had wasted a month before.

He started backpedaling and making excuses and claiming he had tried letting me know he wasn’t gonna make it.

Told him to buy the parts elsewhere

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
this is one of the joys of free online advertising. To put it simply - every rose has its thorn...

yea now try getting that song out of your head today. Your welcome

OP
OP
PinkieT

PinkieT

Reaction score
If dude #1 contacts me again about the intake manifold, it's sold. Even if it isn't. On the other hand, saw a Facebook Marketplace post for free brand new fender flares that fit my truck. I went over and grabbed them. He wasn't home, told me to get them out of the bed of his truck. They were in a brand new Ram, guess somebody got him the wrong flares and instead of selling them he gave them away. More than made up for dude #1 stiffing me.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I always say first with the cash gets it. If your going to need 4-5 hrs to figure it out and someone else comes in and pays, its sold. I would be nice enough to tell #1, there is a #2 and if it was sold but don't do any favors for online sales or you will often be left upset.

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
Happened to me so much that I usually just let stuff sit now until I find someone that needs it. I don't understand how people feel entitled to waste others time, it's the worst insult.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
remember that its something you can use to your advantage as well in buying stuff. Next time you see something you like email them and show a little interest and I can often get a gauge if there are people actually trying to pick it up or if its just crap like this. Wait a week, send them a message saying you have $XXX and can be there in 30 mins and you would be surprised what price they will take to get rid of it and all the a-holes wasting their time. I have been eyeing a nice tubular gt40 that showed up local to me for a little while now but he doesn't want to budge on price. I am in no hurry...

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
remember that its something you can use to your advantage as well in buying stuff. Next time you see something you like email them and show a little interest and I can often get a gauge if there are people actually trying to pick it up or if its just crap like this. Wait a week, send them a message saying you have $XXX and can be there in 30 mins and you would be surprised what price they will take to get rid of it and all the a-holes wasting their time. I have been eyeing a nice tubular gt40 that showed up local to me for a little while now but he doesn't want to budge on price. I am in no hurry...

GT40 kit car?!? I have really been thinking about doing one of those.

I used to try selling stuff but I just don't have the patience. I usually try to find someone on here who wants it, pay for shipping and its yours. Actually, I did that with @ttocs before :)

I do too much stuff to try wheeling and dealing in between, that said it makes me a terrible haggler.

proudgeek

Reaction score
In my case, I've been trying to buy a few parts locally from stuff that is posted on offerup but people respond like a week later and they're never available to meet lol. Unbelievable.

MyLittlePony

Reaction score
Had this issue with Craigslist. Like 80% of the people! It’s insane! eBay is a lot better now, since they require instant payment, but I’ve bought local pick up only stuff before, and people from far off lands will bid against you. I’ve had sellers tell me that the winners were always out of state, wanting them to ship. It says “local pick up only” people!

D3VST8R96GT

Reaction score
If dude #1 contacts me again about the intake manifold, it's sold. Even if it isn't. On the other hand, saw a Facebook Marketplace post for free brand new fender flares that fit my truck. I went over and grabbed them. He wasn't home, told me to get them out of the bed of his truck. They were in a brand new Ram, guess somebody got him the wrong flares and instead of selling them he gave them away. More than made up for dude #1 stiffing me.

Or you just jacked a dudes fender flares cause his neighbor hates him lol

I have had people not show up but I only meet at my house most of the time.

OP
OP
PinkieT

PinkieT

Reaction score
Selling my old gas grill on Craigslist. A-hole #1 was supposed to be here by 10 am Saturday. I checked at noon, they said hubby worked longer than expected and would be here at 4. 6 pm no show, I texted asking if they were still interested, crickets. A-hole #2 was supposed to be here 4 pm yesterday, at 6 I texted to see what was up and told "had something come up, can't make it, sorry". Contacted A-hole #3 who had texted how much he wanted it and if the others were a no show he would be there this morning or after work today. Crickets again. Tempted to put the damn thing on the curb and be done with it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online