Reaction score
That is a nice looking car that you built for your wife. Nice job! :thumb:

OP
OP
M

Mr. OAM

Reaction score
Thanks everyone.

If you can't make it out that is 331 stroker I machined into the valve covers. That is what I built her. She wanted something that would have a "nice" idle but would scoot when you kick it in the ass. It's got GT40 X305 aluminum heads (58cc chambers), a Lunati retro-fit roller cam, Road Demon 625 carb (what's that? LOL) Thorley ceramic coated headers, and Harland Sharp roller rockers. I built it for street torque and let HP fall where it may. It's got 300 ft. lbs. of torque at the rear wheels with a reeeaally flat torque curve, almost like a mod motor with a KB.

I drew up about 5 designs in CAD for her for the valve covers and also several designs for the custom billet sparkplug wire looms, which are completely my own original design, and let her pick what she liked. There's also an aluminum master cylinder now with her license plate machined into it.

It hasn't been to the track yet but will be this year as soon as we replace an out-of-round rim. It accelerates from 60 - 110 the same way it does from 0 - 60. It only weighs about 2,700 pounds. It's got the aluminum heads, intake, and fiberglass hood to take the weight off.

She didn't want her engine to have all kinds of names all over it so we opted for no names, just customization. The only name you will see is where Edlebrock is cast on the intake.

There are also billet speaker grills that I designed and machined for her.

Steve

[attachment deleted by admin]

OP
OP
M

Mr. OAM

Reaction score
It's ALL part of the Master Plan.

I did this tuff with her car letting her know how much this costs and how much that costs, and letting her know when I was spending the money on her car.

Now when I need to spend $800 on my car here, $1000 there I just let her know that the money is coming out of the account so that she knows what's going on with the balance. I don't get any whining or complaining or "Isn't there a cheaper one?" kind of comments........it's working perfectly.

Steve

95-stang

Reaction score
You have to love it when a plan comes together like that. :thumb:

OP
OP
M

Mr. OAM

Reaction score
We've been married 22 years now. Pretty hard to believe it's been that long. Yeah, first and only wife. Can you believe it?

We were married for 18 years when we got the cars (first time we could afford them, 3 kids right away, you do the math). They've brought us closer together. We go to cruises together regularly, shows, and swapmeets sometimes. She wasn't into cars too much until we got the Stang. Secretly, machining those parts has been an artistic outlet for me too. I've gotta have the chance to be creative.

Yup, after being married for 22 years I still don't have women figured out, but I have figured some other things. O0

Steve

OP
OP
M

Mr. OAM

Reaction score
LMAO!

Anything worth having is going to hurt a little.

Steve

S.O.B.

Reaction score
Very nice car you have put together for your wife. I feel you on not understanding out females! I've been married to mine for 29 years and she could care less about my Mustang

OP
OP
M

Mr. OAM

Reaction score
That's a bummer. Perhaps she couldn't care less about your Mustang because it is your Mustang and not her's?

Congratulations on such a long marriage so far!! It is a rare thing. Wow, and I am not the oldest here??

When my wife was 15 her parents had a '66 convertible. They said when she turned 16 and got her license that it was going to be her car. She absolutely loved that car. Three months before her 16th birthday they sold it and that has bothered her ever since.

In 2003 when we could afford to get toys for ourselves, finally, we looked at a lot of convertibles but there was no way we could afford a nice one, so she finally decided to settle for a coupe and then perhaps down the road sell it and get a convertible. Now with everything I have done to the car she has no interest in seeking out a convertible. She says someone would have to offer her "stupid" money for her to sell this car. Personally I think this is her last toy.

Steve

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RevJon

Members online