Will any 302 Motor swap into my 1994 gt?

ICEMAN330824

Reaction score
Hey guys, Im getting ready to start a turbo build and I wanted to put in a 302 with less miles than my stock one in the car now. I was looking at either a 2000 Ford explorer engine or a 1990 lincon 302? Will either of the two work with my stock accy's and heads, etc? THanks any other motor suggestions from stock 302 cars would help if these wont swap with out any problems. Thanks for you guys wisdom i& knowledge in advance! :thumb:

iceman :hammer:

OP
OP
I

ICEMAN330824

Reaction score
ryclef331 said:

See I just need to know if my turbo headers that work on my 94 gt 302 will work on the 2000 explorer 5.0 block. As far as spackplug andgle I have eq lth shorties on the block in the car now. I had to buy some 45deg plug wires so the headers would fit. I just need to make sure that my turbo headers will bolt up with no clearnece problems. Any experts out there no if this will work for sure? Thanks

I forgot to mention that I wanted to use my stock e7 heads & upper & lower intake until I buy some better ones. Will the bolt onto this block without a problem? if so i dont see why I should have any header problems or spark plug clearnece problems. Thanks

Spyder

Reaction score
well, if you are planning on using the stock E7 heads, then you hsould have no problem with the Spark plug angles. The block you use will not affect the spark plugs, or the angles.

So just out of curiosity, how are you going about this turbo build?

OP
OP
I

ICEMAN330824

Reaction score
Spyder said:
well, if you are planning on using the stock E7 heads, then you hsould have no problem with the Spark plug angles. The block you use will not affect the spark plugs, or the angles.

Thanks for the info. I am planing on taking out my 94 stock 302 and dropping in a stock 50k mile explorer 302 block w/ the stock e303 cam & use my stock e7 heads & stock upper/lower intake w/ 70mm tb. i bought a pro turbo kits hot & cold side setup & will be running a mpt-70 with .68 a/r for full spool about 3k. Ill be trying to max out the explorer block and will be running about 10-15psi = 500-575hp/trq to the wheels. I might try the 600 mark but I want the block to last at least a year. lol. But Im going to post the build process here in about 2 weeks on turbomustangs.com & here. Thanks

Spyder

Reaction score
ICEMAN330824 said:
Spyder said:

Thanks for the info. I am planing on taking out my 94 stock 302 and dropping in a stock 50k mile explorer 302 block w/ the stock e303 cam & use my stock e7 heads & stock upper/lower intake w/ 70mm tb. i bought a pro turbo kits hot & cold side setup & will be running a mpt-70 with .68 a/r for full spool about 3k. Ill be trying to max out the explorer block and will be running about 10-15psi = 500-575hp/trq to the wheels. I might try the 600 mark but I want the block to last at least a year. lol. But Im going to post the build process here in about 2 weeks on turbomustangs.com & here. Thanks

Sounds like a hell of a build up, ill be watching that closely.

How much are you spending on the turbo components?
Also, have you thought of maybe porting the heads and maybe getting a new intake manifold?

I dont see any problem with you being able to make gobs of power with that size turbo, sounds just about exactlly like what my friend here has.

He has a 91 fox with a 306, y303 heads, f cam, and a master power turbo, and he is making a little over 525 at the wheels.

OP
OP
I

ICEMAN330824

Reaction score
Sounds like a hell of a build up, ill be watching that closely.

How much are you spending on the turbo components?
Also, have you thought of maybe porting the heads and maybe getting a new intake manifold?

I dont see any problem with you being able to make gobs of power with that size turbo, sounds just about exactlly like what my friend here has.

He has a 91 fox with a 306, y303 heads, f cam, and a master power turbo, and he is making a little over 525 at the wheels.

THANKS, HERES THE GREAT DEAL I GOT for $200. ONLY 60K AS COMPARED TO THE BLOCK IN MY CAR AT 170K. LOL. Once the block gets here im going to post the start of my turbo build. yes I can wait. And it comes with a e303 cam sotck, so that better than my current stock cam in my 94. Well se what she can do when I turn up the boost. lol. I gotta buy some afr's & trick flow track heat upper and lower intake now. Thanks everyone.

The link to my great deal= http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=006&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&viewitem=&item=160090440042&rd=1&rd=1]http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=006&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&viewitem=&item=160090440042&rd=1&rd=1]http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=006&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&viewitem=&item=160090440042&rd=1&rd=1

OP
OP
I

ICEMAN330824

Reaction score
who knows if the f cam is better than a e303 cam for turbo mustang?CAM - M6250 F303? thanks

Also who thinks I still got a good deal for a 302 explorer motor with 60k on it minus the lying about a stock e303 cam. Thanks

Stable 1

Reaction score
It will work, but it would be better if it has forged pistions. I am not sure what the Explorers had, but 94-95 mustangs have the Hypertect (sp?) pistions. These are harded and lighter pistions, but much less forgiving on tuning problems.

OP
OP
I

ICEMAN330824

Reaction score
Stable 1 said:
It will work, but it would be better if it has forged pistions. I am not sure what the Explorers had, but 94-95 mustangs have the Hypertect (sp?) pistions. These are harded and lighter pistions, but much less forgiving on tuning problems.

ok, thanks

redmustang95

Reaction score
i've been reading the post, correct me if i'm wrong, i would be better off buying a used 302 engine off an 2000 explorer. my car has over 111000. and i was either looking into stroking it or just doing an overhaul.

OP
OP
I

ICEMAN330824

Reaction score
You dont have to buy a new block if you want to stroke it or freshen it up and rebuild it. I ounly was buying this block so that i wouldn't have to rebuild it, and pay more green doing so. I just wanted to throw on the turbo and crank up the boost. and run it hard as I can for a year until it blows up or i finish building a block or the side, lol. Thanks the only reasoning for me buying another stock 302 block. ultimatly its up to you. If you stoke it, no need to boost it in any way. PM Ryclef, he can tell you all about stroking a stock block and making decent power. Thanks

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online

No members online now.