will gt h/x pipe fit cobra??

94pacecar435

Member
Joined
Apr 6, 2006
Messages
244
Reaction score
0
just like the title says will a 94/95 gt h/x pipe fit a 94/95 cobra??im having trouble finding one :dunno: i need one for the stock manifolds too, does anyone know if it fits or if any one sells a cobra one???
 
OP
OP
9

94pacecar435

Member
Joined
Apr 6, 2006
Messages
244
Reaction score
0
on summit it says for 94-95 gt except cobra :dunno: well im pretty sure i can make modify one.summit sells an h pipe from their own brand for $109 so im going to get that one :thumb: thanks z28 this
 

95CALI-5.0

Active Member
Joined
Feb 21, 2006
Messages
698
Reaction score
0
I suggest you get an x pipe. especially if you are running straight thru mufflers like magnaflows or dynomax. If you are running chambered mufflers like flowmasters, then you may want to consider the h pipe. I have the x pipe on mine with high flow cats and it sounds wicked with magnaflows. just my .02
 
OP
OP
9

94pacecar435

Member
Joined
Apr 6, 2006
Messages
244
Reaction score
0
im running 40 series flowmaster. i dont know if i should buy one for a 94-95 gt because in summitracing.com all of them say except cobra i dont know how off it would be ????has any one with a cobra put a gt h pipe in there????
 
OP
OP
9

94pacecar435

Member
Joined
Apr 6, 2006
Messages
244
Reaction score
0
some guy at stangnet told me that they are the same. he barely finished installing an x pipe on his cobra.so thanks for the hlpe and the links :thumb: i just ordered a o/r summit h pipe $110 bucks.
 
OP
OP
9

94pacecar435

Member
Joined
Apr 6, 2006
Messages
244
Reaction score
0
couple more questions. after the h pipe will i get a cel ???if so how do i get rid of it??. another thing do aftermarket shorty headers improve over my stock headers??if so how much. i was looking at the bbk shorty headers for only $179 not bad.
 

Z28 This

Active Member
Joined
Feb 19, 2006
Messages
458
Reaction score
1
94pacecar435 said:
couple more questions. after the h pipe will i get a cel ???if so how do i get rid of it??. another thing do aftermarket shorty headers improve over my stock headers??if so how much. i was looking at the bbk shorty headers for only $179 not bad.

You shoulda went shortened H pipe with longtubes on that cobra!! :banana:
 

94gtstang50

Well-Known Member
Joined
Feb 21, 2006
Messages
2,044
Reaction score
0
You shouldn't get a cel on a 94 or 95 b/c they are OBD1. 96+ need the mil eliminators if I remember correctly.
 

Z28 This

Active Member
Joined
Feb 19, 2006
Messages
458
Reaction score
1
94GtStAnG5o said:
You shouldn't get a cel on a 94 or 95 b/c they are OBD1. 96+ need the mil eliminators if I remember correctly.


your correct
 

Addermk2

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2006
Messages
2,533
Reaction score
53
Z28 This said:
94pacecar435 said:
couple more questions. after the h pipe will i get a cel ???if so how do i get rid of it??. another thing do aftermarket shorty headers improve over my stock headers??if so how much. i was looking at the bbk shorty headers for only $179 not bad.

You shoulda went shortened H pipe with longtubes on that cobra!! :banana:

long tubes make you lose power on an otherwise stock motor
 
OP
OP
9

94pacecar435

Member
Joined
Apr 6, 2006
Messages
244
Reaction score
0
the reason i didnt go long tubes is because i need to pass emissions every two years. an o/r h pipe is also illegal but im swap it every 2 years.
 

97vertstang

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 11, 2006
Messages
2,879
Reaction score
1
u sob ur gonna make me help u huh???? :slap: j/k cant wait till u get it :thumb:
 

97vertstang

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 11, 2006
Messages
2,879
Reaction score
1
i just wanted to update that we got the o/r h pipe on friday and installed it.all i have to say is :eek: nice!!!!!sounds bad ass!!! o/r h + turndowns= :eek: its real nice but hes gonna take it to the muffler shop to put 2 1/2 pipe to the rear.hell put some pics either tomorrow or sunday, cause were going to six flags on saturday. oh btw it fit perfect!!!!! i wonder why they say , except cobra :dunno: .well hit up later.
 

Steve-Oh

Legend
Joined
Mar 26, 2006
Messages
5,903
Reaction score
280
Location
39°57′9"N 75°9'48"W
94pacecar435: You already have shorty headers on your car. No sense in going out and buying new ones. I would recommend Long Tubes or Equal Lengths. Also, concerning the LT's and Emissions, you should not have a problem there. As long as you have your cat's on, you should be in there clear.
 

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
76,269
Messages
1,473,382
Members
14,154
Latest member
NekRoass
Top