Windsor vs romeo

Marvin97

Reaction score
I need some help here. there is a guy here locally selling a set of pi windsor heads, and I need to know the difference in them and a set of Romeo heads. He only wants $150 for them, cams and all, and the valve covers too! But I need to know the differences in the heads, if they'll work or not. Everything I've read says they're only different in the valve covers, but these are used heads that come with the covers, so what do you guys think?

moot09

Reaction score
i believe romeo is a better deal. thats just what ive been told but idk why really. lol sorry if i wasnt any help lol

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
97whitevert said:
I need some help here. there is a guy here locally selling a set of pi windsor heads, and I need to know the difference in them and a set of Romeo heads. He only wants $150 for them, cams and all, and the valve covers too! But I need to know the differences in the heads, if they'll work or not. Everything I've read says they're only different in the valve covers, but these are used heads that come with the covers, so what do you guys think?

romeo and windsor have different number of valve cover bolts. thats it. and some people say the windsor heads have issues with the spark plug holes. I have windsor heads in my car (look on your vin, if the eighth digit is an X, you have a windsor 96-98GT) and havent had a problem.

Romeo bolt directly onto windsor blocks and vise-versa. The only difference is the valve cover bolts. Windsor have 11 and romeo have... 13??? BBK sells valve covers for both windsor and romeo that have extra clearance incase you have unbelievable cams, or something... I have a set of chrome, windsor, 11 bolt, BBK SOHC valve covers on my car. :)

remember: if you get different valve covers (taller), your intake might rub against the passenger side.

Thats a pretty good deal on PI heads. They will fit on any 4.6 block from 95-04 (remember the crown vics fellas lol)

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
thats a great deal! BUY BUY BUY all day long at that price as long as they are in good shape.
You also need to get the windsor timing cover bolts that go into the heads. They are different size. Only need like 4 of them. Any Ford parts guy will know what you need.

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
DropTopPony said:
thats a great deal! BUY BUY BUY all day long at that price as long as they are in good shape.
You also need to get the windsor timing cover bolts that go into the heads. They are different size. Only need like 4 of them. Any Ford parts guy will know what you need.

learn something new everyday... lol i didnt know about that.

OP
OP
Marvin97

Marvin97

Reaction score
Thanks for the info guys, I thought thats all it was. I sent him a pm :thumb:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EdgarR213

Members online