worth it to go four valve?

Steven

Legend
Reaction score
Is it really worth it? I know the potential is there, but will a PI gt motor be slower then a stockish B head motor?

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
it's a lot of work V to swap in a 4v.... i mean if you can get a badass deal on a 4v motor (complete, like a wrecked car) then yeah it would be pretty sweet depending on what you get. but 4Vs are more $$$ to mod and you can make a 2V fast as fuck
so it's kinda up to you how you wanna spend your money.

S

scarface

depends on what you want your end results to be.... if you are planning to go all out, it is better to start with a more powerful platform... If not, go with the PI you have already bro.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Scarface said:
depends on what you want your end results to be.... if you are planning to go all out, it is better to start with a more powerful platform... If not, go with the PI you have already bro.

I agree, if i was to build a balls out modular screamer i would definitely start with a Big Bore topped with some 4V heads and a pair of Hair Dryers :)
BUT if you just want 300/400/500 hp then a 2V can get that done almost as easily as a 4V and since you already have a 2V it will be cheaper and easier.

OP
OP
Steven

Steven

Legend
Reaction score
Scarface said:
keep in mind guys, he ALREADY has the pi engine.

correct. However i'm almost tempted to go get my mark 8 motor, and build a stroker/big bore high compression 4v, and make 400+ all motor and spray the crap out of it.

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
I made 500 rwhp with a 2v.

400+ on motor is going to cost you about 15k, is that worth it to you?

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
I mean, it's doable, easily. you don't even need crazy part's, but man they effing cost. unless you are just out to prove something, strap a blower and add some cams to your car for an easy 400.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EdgarR213

Members online