wrecked the stang :(

V8RUMBL

Reaction score
sorry to say, the stang got in a bit of a fender bender, cracked the rad and a/c condenser. hood and fenders both shot and air bags deployed and broke the windshield. it was all some nasty business. all because some asshole thought that a no left turn at this intersection means turn left here then ran off after the crash.

i havent been on the site since then cause looking at all the mustangs really bums me.

at any rate, me and the lady got to talkin about it and since we are both in school right now and money is hard to come by, we opted to get a super cheap ride thats good on gas. the lightning seems to spit gasoline out the tailpipes for giggles. without further adieu, the sad picture...

even with all the damage and no coolant, i cut the bags out, taped down the hood, and she fired right up and made it the 2 miles or so home. incredible these 5.0s

we got an 02 cavalier ls sport to replace it since it was the womans car anyways, this is what she liked. 1800 bucks, about 30 mpg on cheap gas so im happy about that. insurance also dropped and now we can take a vehicle out for a drive that doesnt shake and have mind blowingly loud exhaust. no drama about it at all.

put new tires on it yesterday and some tint to keep it cool. :cool:

anyways, im so pissed about all of it. at least my bank account is happy.

:undecided:

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
That's terrible man! I'm sure karma will catch up to that guy for running off though! Hate to see the car busted up though. Are you gonna fix it?

OP
OP
V8RUMBL

V8RUMBL

Reaction score
That's terrible man! I'm sure karma will catch up to that guy for running off though! Hate to see the car busted up though. Are you gonna fix it?
nah, i sold it. i priced out fixing it and parts were around 3k, not including paint and labor. fixing it would have cost more than the thing was worth and it was starting to show signs of engine problems. before the crash i was looking at putting in a 306. once i had the crash, i just kinda threw my hands in the air and said f-it.

im pretty sure im going to sell my bike soon too. since my girl sold hers, its become rather neglected. maybe im just getting old or something...

OP
OP
V8RUMBL

V8RUMBL

Reaction score
people are a holes. at least now i have a comfy, quiet car. no drama. just get in and turn it on and go. no mods, just give it oil and an air filter every so often. still though. meh.

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Man what a shame.. How bad are you banged up? I can agree with having a nice comfortable and quiet ride, its nice sometimes. I drove my sisters fusion recently and was like omg, its too quiet, not bumpy, smooth.. nice to switch up every now and then. good luck to you man

OP
OP
V8RUMBL

V8RUMBL

Reaction score
Man what a shame.. How bad are you banged up? I can agree with having a nice comfortable and quiet ride, its nice sometimes. I drove my sisters fusion recently and was like omg, its too quiet, not bumpy, smooth.. nice to switch up every now and then. good luck to you man
not bad at all. breathing that airbag crap was no fun but not even a bump or bruise.

1997GT4.6

Reaction score
Sorry to see this man and sorry you don't have a stang anymore but you have a Lightning so that's awesome. Do you find yourself feeling for the clutch in the cavalier? lol.

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
Damn.. One of the vets of the site going down with a crash. Sorry to hear that man. I'm sure some day you'll find another mustang and pick it up. I don't have an issue driving around a loud or modified car but I can see where others may, as I'm still "young". Glad you're okay tho that's all that really matters

SVTstang96

Reaction score
I don't know how it works since you already sold the stang and it was never reported to insurance, but have you called around to see if there were any cameras near the accident site? Might be able to catch the guy and turn it into insurance. or at least get him off the street

krazyrabbit

Reaction score
Well, that sucks. Sorry to hear, especially a-hole hit and run. Some day you can get a garage queen to build and then you don't have to worry about it being a daily driver.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
glad to hear your ok and happy, sorry to hear a cavalier though. I know more then a few people that had them but I don't know anyone that had a happy ending with the car. Couple of them had happy endings IN the car but never with the car...

Brings back some fond memories for me though. One of my buddies had one and we were going somewhere doing something and he got lippy with me. I told him to take it back or apologize or something and pretty sure he gave me the finger. What I do remember is that I realized(from my years of installing) that there was not a single screw/bolt holding in the first 5-6 pieces of his dash. It was night time and like I said I was in the back seat before he knew what was up he saw me reach up between the seats, heard some crunching noise, and then I saw back down. As the next street light went by us he saw the gaping hole I had created in his dash from pulling part of it off and he just made a "WTF" sound or complaint. I asked him again if he was sorry, he again said no(but in a higher pitch now) and I again reached up between the seats and snagged another piece of his dash. We did this cycle at LEAST 5 time with the last 3 he was trying to block me, while driving of course but it was just HILARIOUS(to everyone but andy the driver) when the street light would flash by and we could see further into his dash. He did finally give in and apologize:headbang:

OP
OP
V8RUMBL

V8RUMBL

Reaction score
I don't know how it works since you already sold the stang and it was never reported to insurance, but have you called around to see if there were any cameras near the accident site? Might be able to catch the guy and turn it into insurance. or at least get him off the street

no cameras. the community service person who wrote the crash didnt even care, didnt even talk to witnesses. just gave me a report and left. whats done is done though. just a bummer. the cavalier is comfy though.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
5pointSL0

Members online