WTB fully assembled 96-98 B heads for a 96 COBRA

Venomous96Cobra

Reaction score
Like the title says! I am looking for a fully assembled set of Cobra B heads! Looking to do timing on my car and figure It's time the heads get redone, might as well get a set that I can have freshened to avoid the car being down more than a few days...

Reaction score
My buddy has a set he pulled from his 96 in favor of the "C" heads so he could use an intersooler with his KB. Lemme see what he wants for them and if theyre complete.

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
FYI, if you do porting on the heads, you will loose boost and need to Pulley down to get the boost back.

vermilion

Legend
Reaction score
If they keep velocity they will make more power. Keep your expertise in detailing.

Steven

Legend
Reaction score
Everything I've read, B heads don't really need porting as they ports are so large as is. Seems the valve size is the only inherent problem, along with the IMRC's. Large ports like B heads make the power band way up top since the motors not moving enough air till about 3500. Atleast that's how I understand it.

OP
OP
Venomous96Cobra

Venomous96Cobra

Reaction score
yeah not looking for anything too fancy, really just want to put a freshened set of heads when i re do the timing chains...

vermilion

Legend
Reaction score
A good pocket port will stack velocity. Yes the have large ports and shit valves rid the flash cast to make the exhaust flow deeper. You dont have to hog them out 2vs.

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
you should have posted this a month or so ago, i threw away a perfectly good set because i didnt have the room to store them. Talk to Nick that runs modularheadshop and see if he has a set lying around. he doesn't really do them since there isnt much money in porting b-heads, but he might have a set around his place.

asohagan

Reaction score
i found a mark 8 motor i am gonna buy. it has the b heads on it. what would you give me for them. they have 60 k on them. i am needing c heads for my intake

asohagan

Reaction score
Not sure on the year. I know it's a teksid motor. I think 93-95

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EdgarR213

Members online