You guys with Borla side exhaust...

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
I would like a visual on how your tailpipe hangers are set up. I read online that they are supposed to bolt to one of the bolts that holds on the side skirt, but I just find things easier to understand via picture. If you did it some other way I'd still be interested in seeing it, I just want to know what I'm lookin at here. Thanks! :eek:ccasion14:

eliyarbrough

Legend
Reaction score
I had that set-up, no pics of what you are asking for. Can't even remember how it was running. Why I didn't reply.
2drsideborla.jpg

2Borlaside.jpg

Even pics of it off my car:
Borlas-2.jpg

By looking @ that pic, it had to be mounted by that hanger close to the tips. Nothing, sorry.

Just remembered!! Not sure of when, but a member posted up some info about this set-up. It was like the exact instructions Borla sent with them, maybe. I'm going to try & find it.

ivan12

Reaction score
I rattle canned and installed my ABCexclusive side covers yesterday and didn't have to use the hangers. I'll probably end up making a bracket for it in the near future but for now it's fine. Adjust the tips to the desired position and tighten down the clamps, should stay in place. I remembered you wanted a pic of a black sn with the covers too, mines DFG but you can sort of get an idea by the pic.

27060166.jpg

BruhBrahBrad

Reaction score
Try wetsanding those skirts and polishing em out in a few weeks maybe. Should be able to get a decent shine.

95riosnake

Reaction score
The hangers by the tips are supposed to attach to the pinch weld near where the tip exits. You drill a hole through the pinch weld and put a bolt through it into the rubber hanger.

I don't have the original Borla kit anymore, so I don't have any pictures.

ProKiller

Reaction score
i have bracket attached to the pipe as it comes by the floor pan. Don't have a pic that shows it though.

OP
OP
O

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
ivan12 said:
I rattle canned and installed my ABCexclusive side covers yesterday and didn't have to use the hangers. I'll probably end up making a bracket for it in the near future but for now it's fine. Adjust the tips to the desired position and tighten down the clamps, should stay in place. I remembered you wanted a pic of a black sn with the covers too, mines DFG but you can sort of get an idea by the pic.

I have the ABC covers too, i noticed they came with brackets and hardware and stuff but i have no idea how it is supposed to attach, care to enlighten me? As far as not using the hangers, not sure i trust that. Seems like a few bumps and the tips will be dragging on the ground. Your car looks really sharp with them though, I'm thinking about rattlecanning mine just to make sure i'm not going to destroy them first before investing in money to paint them.

95riosnake said:
The hangers by the tips are supposed to attach to the pinch weld near where the tip exits. You drill a hole through the pinch weld and put a bolt through it into the rubber hanger.

This is huge, thanks for the input. My pinch weld is pretty rough back there but I'll take a look to see what i can do. I also have to run these pipes under my SFC so they're gonna have a slightly upward angle more so than they would without the SFC, hopefully it still works. I may try to rig something up to just hang the pipe from the SFC, i think that would work also.

ProKiller said:
i have bracket attached to the pipe as it comes by the floor pan. Don't have a pic that shows it though.

would you be able to snag a pic?

ProKiller

Reaction score
did you see my side exhuast thread? i had them notch out for the subframe connectors so that the pipes would still be flush when they exit. i'll see if i can snap a pic tonight of the hangers and what not.

OP
OP
O

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
ProKiller i did see your exhaust thread, it's a very nice custom job. As far as my situation I'm just trying to get this cheap setup installed and looking good to make sure I even like it, then if I do I'm planning on having a custom setup made similar to yours but for now I just want to get this Borla kit up and see what it's like.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RevJon

Members online