6k to spend what do you do?

Snorky

Reaction score
So no fans of the twisted wedge kit ?
I like the boost idea though, look like they are close to my budget.
Nothing wrong with tfs heads/cams/intake.. you will just make a lot more with a blower for the same price. 385whp without cams, 415+ with cams.. as opposed to the tfs kit where you might get 350whp. All in what you want out of it.. some people like the bang for the buck of the blower and then have the option down the road for doing rods and pistons and turning up the boost with a pulley change. The tfs kit you would then have to add rods and pistons plus the blower to make more power.

The pro on the tfs route Is a less complicated,more reliable NA setup. That and if you ever did go down the rabbit hole of the forged engine and boost. You would be making substantially more power at lower boost than the stock heads/cams/intake. Guy I know has a fully decked out NA setup and loves it.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I have twisted wedge heads and a stage 1 cam on mine as well as the V3. I had the trickflow first and it was a performance boost for sure and sounded good but it was not the same gain I got when I put the vortech on it. Superchargers are are just the best bang for the buck.

Snorky

Reaction score
I have twisted wedge heads and a stage 1 cam on mine as well as the V3. I had the trickflow first and it was a performance boost for sure and sounded good but it was not the same gain I got when I put the vortech on it. Superchargers are are just the best bang for the buck.
How many lbs are you running?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I only had it set up for 5 lbs at first to get use to it and break things in and that and the heads/cam was enough to make the stock trans start to complain. Since I got the magnum in there it has spent more time on jackstands than on the road unfortunately.

Snorky

Reaction score
I only had it set up for 5 lbs at first to get use to it and break things in and that and the heads/cam was enough to make the stock trans start to complain. Since I got the magnum in there it has spent more time on jackstands than on the road unfortunately.
What happened eith the magnum swap to cause the jackstand queendom?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I had to move some wiring around and I have TONES of experience wiring inside the car but not much outside. I didn't mount/route some of it well enough and some of it fell down on the cat and set the ecu harness on fire. I think I almost have it finished up but I have been struggling with some health issues this year after deciding to try to give the GI dr's another chance. They put me on a new medicine that put me in the ER 3 times in a month and gave me a 4 day stay in the hospital. Since then I have just have not been able to get my feet back under me to where I either feel well enough or just have enough energy after being sick/not eating. I have not got much done at all this year....

Snorky

Reaction score
I had to move some wiring around and I have TONES of experience wiring inside the car but not much outside. I didn't mount/route some of it well enough and some of it fell down on the cat and set the ecu harness on fire. I think I almost have it finished up but I have been struggling with some health issues this year after deciding to try to give the GI dr's another chance. They put me on a new medicine that put me in the ER 3 times in a month and gave me a 4 day stay in the hospital. Since then I have just have not been able to get my feet back under me to where I either feel well enough or just have enough energy after being sick/not eating. I have not got much done at all this year....
Those doctors sound like they suck

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Yes, I fired them last week. I will be taking a trip to nashville(2.5 hours) to hopefully have a better experience.

Weekend Warrior

Reaction score
In this economy...?...

I'd enjoy what you have and keep that $6k as a nice little nest egg ready to invest when the market tanks. After the economy picks back up you'll have around 2-4x of your initial investment to do any of the crazy mod's you could dream of. Coyote swap with t-56? Maybe a IRS to boot.

Not the most fun post to read on this topic, but war is most likely in our future and gas going above $4 a gallon.

MyLittlePony

Reaction score
In this economy...?...

I'd enjoy what you have and keep that $6k as a nice little nest egg ready to invest when the market tanks. After the economy picks back up you'll have around 2-4x of your initial investment to do any of the crazy mod's you could dream of. Coyote swap with t-56? Maybe a IRS to boot.

Not the most fun post to read on this topic, but war is most likely in our future and gas going above $4 a gallon.
Or use the $6k to convert it to an EV. I know that’s a very controversial thing for me to say, and I am already sensing the backlash, but… …instant torque, saves yourself the expense of that $4/gal fuel, reduces the dependency on foreign oil, provides more fuel supply to would be gassers since you’re not using it, you won’t wake up the neighborhood every time you drive by every single morning, and you can just go home after work. You don’t have to waste your time at the gas station, and every morning, you have a full “tank” if you charge every night. Never can get that experience from an ICE. How many times have you gotten into your car and thought “crap. I have to get gas first.”

Weekend Warrior

Reaction score
Or use the $6k to convert it to an EV. I know that’s a very controversial thing for me to say, and I am already sensing the backlash, but… …instant torque, saves yourself the expense of that $4/gal fuel, reduces the dependency on foreign oil, provides more fuel supply to would be gassers since you’re not using it, you won’t wake up the neighborhood every time you drive by every single morning, and you can just go home after work. You don’t have to waste your time at the gas station, and every morning, you have a full “tank” if you charge every night. Never can get that experience from an ICE. How many times have you gotten into your car and thought “crap. I have to get gas first.”

Know of any links or companies offering a package for this? I've considered it before but didn't feel confident in anything I found. The Ford Eluminator electric crate engine doesn't come with a control pack from the factory, so having to source it in the aftermarket area has me hesitant. Plus batteries right now are not as cheap as they were year back. China is starting to use the raw materials as a bargaining chip to limit restrictions on the US involving Taiwan.

Lot's of ragged out V6 Mustangs out there would make for a neat EV swap. If Ford would create a control pack/kit for an easier install it might be something more popular with retrofitting older cars.

OP
OP
unterstutzung87
Reaction score
In this economy...?...

Lmao, I mean you dont know my financial situation, I will just say this 6k is just my play money. I am not a kid spending his savings if thats what you are implying.

OP
OP
unterstutzung87
Reaction score
Boost, brakes, and full-length subframe connectors. (You might find those 4.10 gears too steep with FI, though.)
I am having trouble finding anyone to tune for boost, the tuners in my area hate these maf systems. 2 I talked to wont even tune them at all. Another said he would tune the twisted wedge but not the boosted setup. Another wants to go stand alone at the price of $1800 for just the controller. So, not sure what to do at the moment.