6k to spend what do you do?

Reaction score
Lets say you have a new edge GT, lets also say its a 5 speed and you have the following mods.
4.10 gears, CAI, catback exhaust, tune, 4 brand new performance tires. If you had 6k to spend to make it faster what would you do, asking for a friend.... ;)

Snorky

Reaction score
Coyote rods, arp bolts, forged pistons, a cheap balance job. Then get a used intercooled centri blower, walbro 465 pump, 60# injectors, sct ba5000 maf, 05-09 slot style maf pig tail. A 50mm bof, a new belt.. and a tune. That budget would require some diy wrench work

OP
OP
unterstutzung87
Reaction score
Coyote rods, arp bolts, forged pistons, a cheap balance job. Then get a used intercooled centri blower, walbro 465 pump, 60# injectors, sct ba5000 maf, 05-09 slot style maf pig tail. A 50mm bof, a new belt.. and a tune. That budget would require some diy wrench work
Yeah I wish I had more but hey its better than nothing !

OP
OP
unterstutzung87
Reaction score
I would be surprised to find a blower for that price have not seen one that cheap!
But good suggestion if I can find it.

cobrajeff96

Reaction score
I'd go all out on chassis, suspension, brakes, etc. Straight line for me gets boring after a while. The twisty back roads can be so much fun but the SN95 to begin with was what you might call a tin can. It needs major structural attention, and as a byproduct you can then put the power down quite a bit more effectively whether it's curves or straight line.

OP
OP
unterstutzung87
Reaction score
Next concern how many miles is too many? I know the 4.6 is good high mileage but high mileage with boost ?

OP
OP
unterstutzung87
Reaction score
I'd go all out on chassis, suspension, brakes, etc. Straight line for me gets boring after a while. The twisty back roads can be so much fun but the SN95 to begin with was what you might call a tin can. It needs major structural attention, and as a byproduct you can then put the power down quite a bit more effectively whether it's curves or straight line.
Sounds fun I love the twisties too but this one is a straight line car. Would probably get an s197 if i did track days. Much better chassis for road racing.

cobrajeff96

Reaction score
Better starting point, pound for pound. But it's nothing that a good cage and some front half seam welding can't fix for the SN95 car.

No doubt for straight lines it'll have to be a blower.

OP
OP
unterstutzung87
Reaction score
So no fans of the twisted wedge kit ?
I like the boost idea though, look like they are close to my budget.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online

No members online now.