94 GT auto ?

yellowstang1

Reaction score
I figured this is the right place to ask this question. Has anyone on here put an auto trans in there 94 GT that was a manual? Iam doing a modular swap and I want to run an auto. I purchased a shifter out of a Mach 1. That don't fit. Its to tall to fit under the shifter bezel. So I thought I would purchase a shifter from a 94-95. It is the same height as the Mach 1. Is the trans tunnel in the manual GT different then the auto GT? PLEASE HELP!!!!!
Thanks.

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
so. what?

A "modular" swap suggests the "modular" motor series (4.6L, 5.4L, V10, etc.) -- not the transmission.

And yes, there are a few of us who have done the auto/5 spd swap (and vise-versa)

so what engine is in the car?
what transmission *came* in the car?
what transmission is *currently* in the car?

then we can help ya out! :)

OP
OP
Y

yellowstang1

Reaction score
iam putting a 32 valve mark viii with an auto out of the same car. The 94 gt had a manual trans from the factory. I purchased the car with no engine or trans.

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
ah. gotcha. Well i'll move this to the drivetrain section, should get more feedback in there :)

OP
OP
Y

yellowstang1

Reaction score
so can anyone tell me why a 95 auto shifter is to tall to fit under the council on a 94 manual GT? I know the front holes dont line up, but the shifter sits about 3/4 of an inch to high to put the trim back on. Is the trans tunnel different between an auto car and a stick?????

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Srchop16

Members online