Caster Camber Plate Problems

Nightmare

Reaction score
I dont know why he even has camber castor plates if his suspension is stock. there is a possiblility that the plates/strut assembly is not assembled propperly as well. I would start by drilling that extra hole.

OP
OP
C

CCobraW

Reaction score
I think the PO may have had lowering springs on the car at some point. I'm not sure why they're on the car. I replaced the front struts a couple weeks ago and I think I might have not put the adjuster bolts on the struts back on in the proper alignment. I'm not sure if the guy doing the alignment even checked those thinking the plates were all he needed to adjust.

Would having those out of whack be enough to keep it from being aligned even with the plates? I saw somewhere that those only give you like a 1 degree either way, don't the plates have enough adjustment that they'd still be able to straighten it back out?

Nightmare

Reaction score
I think the PO may have had lowering springs on the car at some point. I'm not sure why they're on the car. I replaced the front struts a couple weeks ago and I think I might have not put the adjuster bolts on the struts back on in the proper alignment. I'm not sure if the guy doing the alignment even checked those thinking the plates were all he needed to adjust.

Would having those out of whack be enough to keep it from being aligned even with the plates? I saw somewhere that those only give you like a 1 degree either way, don't the plates have enough adjustment that they'd still be able to straighten it back out?

Possibly.....There are a lot of possibilities here. One of them is the instalation of the camber castor plates them selves. The other is the instalation of the struts. The other thing is that you could have a bent controll arm, or worse a bent k member or frame. Depending on the plates, there would be a race setting and a street setting. If they are installed correct, they should give you enough adjustment to get the vehicle aligned to a almost stock setting. They work really well for lowered vehicles, and are not needed for stock ride height....That is why I wasnt sure why they were still on there. It could be the plates them selves that is causing your issue.

OP
OP
C

CCobraW

Reaction score
Well I found an alignment shop in town that a half dozen people recommended, they're known for their alignment jobs. I got an appointment with them tomorrow morning so hopefully they can get it straightened out. I'm hoping the tech that worked on it last time was just an idiot and that there's nothing bent, twisted or broke that I can't see.

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
you could always bring in the alignment specs that maximum motorsports suggests in their CC Plate installation instructions - see if it falls into that range opposed to the OEM range.

OP
OP
C

CCobraW

Reaction score
Well they got it driving straight.. They could only get the camber -1, he said they didn't see anything obviously (bent, put on wrong or worn beyond spec), so he wasn't sure why that's all they could get out of it. It drives straight now so I'm going to leave it at that for now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alleghenyamerican

Members online