Conering..and wheel size

twovalveterror

Reaction score
I know the SLA is over kill and expensive but I will put one in my car that will prob will never see a track... There is something about it that I have to have.... Stupid I know but im set on it it will be the last thing to go on the car but it will happen maybe a year or two from now...

trust me, I'm in the same boat. minus the never seeing a track part.

saint, I would suggest the sub-frames much earlier in the process than that. sway bars are a tuning tool to produce understeer/oversteer characteristics. and corner speed depends on the corner. for the price range you listed, I would forget about the panhard/torque arm set up. get the best grip box you can get with what you're willing to spend, and I'm sure you would be more than pleased with the results.

duh09, griggs gives the option of either a panhard or a watts link I believe.

pmot

Reaction score
Are you actually concerned with handling to the point that your going to sacrifice looks?[/QUOTE said:
hahaha why wouldnt you be? cornering is what driving is all about

DKblue98GT

Reaction score
I'm trying to keep it in the 1,500 ball park. And I don't care how noisey the ride is or if its rough. It will only be DD'ed during these upgrades once it's finished I'll DD it until I can find a second car. and the stang will become a weekend warrior/ pick up chicks and stuff car.

I have alot of the above mentioned parts on my car. I love the way it handles, my wife hates the noise, vibration and harshness of the car.

the.greg

Reaction score
Yeah I think subframes should be one of the first things on the list. MM full lengths is what Id suggest plus their LCAs. Also MM's street springs plus bilstein hd shocks and struts will really make it ride rough, but handle great. Also the swaybars should be last if at all, its more of a fine-tuning thing.

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
hahaha why wouldnt you be? cornering is what driving is all about

I would say that the vast majority of mustang owners main priority is NOT handling.

Yea, I want my car to handle well and it does handle very well..but I chose to have badass 335s on the back of my car on an 11 inch wheel and take a minor hit to handling capabilities and enhance my straight line traction a bit.

I built this car more for straight line performance which seems to be the main focus of most mustang drivers.

If I built it for autox or road racing I would have stayed NA and swapped in a t56 rather than the built auto.

robb15033

Reaction score
You will love the new suspension. Steeda's X2 balljoints and the bumpsteer kit work fantastic together. To eliminate ANY issues, do yourself a huge favor and have a Mustang shop align it with their bumpsteer gauge boards. That is the insurance needed to get the car set up right and cover any issues with tire wear, noises, ect..
http://www.maximummotorsports.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=193
ALSO: I see that MM is selling lowering springs and racing springs of their own-

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online