Course of action? Brakes Related

stprorolla49

Reaction score
This happened to Jon on the way back from AM this year. He bottomed out, his tailpipe whacked his hard line and cracked it and it was leaking everywhere. Only cost a few bucks to fix and an hour or so.

castine917

Reaction score
Can the car still stop even though the brake pedal goes all the way to the bottom? Every time I push it to the floor it squirts fluid out so I got to make sure the Master doesn't get low before I have bigger problems.

Don't drive it like that. As the fluid leaves and pedal drops to floor, so does your ability to stop. It will also make the bleeding of your brakes a longer process as you'll have more air in your system.

OP
OP
JerZeyStangz

JerZeyStangz

Reaction score
This happened to Jon on the way back from AM this year. He bottomed out, his tailpipe whacked his hard line and cracked it and it was leaking everywhere. Only cost a few bucks to fix and an hour or so.

Yeah dude, I remember you guys telling me about this I think in the summer. When me and my friend did my brakes, he forgot to take the master cylinder cap off while compressing the piston. To tell you the truth he got lazy because he used to cars have low brake fluid then putting new pads in making the fluid go back to max. Mine was already full, he compressed the piston back and fluid starting to come out of the master cylinder through the car so the system was over pressurized. A few months later I get this problem. I believe from the system being over pressurized for short amount of time found a weak spot in the line, and wallah here I am. Never again I will let that happen.

Don't drive it like that. As the fluid leaves and pedal drops to floor, so does your ability to stop. It will also make the bleeding of your brakes a longer process as you'll have more air in your system.

Thanks, I was just curious. I haven't driven it since that happens do not want to be stupid and get into bad accident from being naive. Right now, I want to replace all the lines with some heavy duty stainless steel lines because I plan on keeping the car forever.

OP
OP
JerZeyStangz

JerZeyStangz

Reaction score
This is for sn95'ers with similiar issues! Next summer all Stainless Steel!
img951685.jpg

OP
OP
JerZeyStangz

JerZeyStangz

Reaction score
Wow they are def rotted. Stainless lines are the way to go. I've seen a website that sells them already bent but can't find it, sowwy I'm basically no help at all.

Got you covered bro. Google: Classictube! I am getting them temporarily fixed so I can get the SS kit from them. They come pre-bent, and they actually have non-abs in stock the last time I called.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online