Do stock Fox valve covers fit SN95s with roller rockers? The ANSWER inside!

OP
OP
P

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
94califiveoh said:
and just to make sure, 90-93 valve covers will clear 1.6 roller rockers on TFS heads?

Did you read the thread? I'm pretty sure my first post has pictures of exactly that.

94califiveoh

Reaction score
paul, yes I did read the entire thread. It just sounds like different heads require different valve covers. Im gonna try my luck and buy some used 93 fox valve covers and see what happens. wish me luck!

OP
OP
P

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
The last two pictures are of fox valve covers on TFS heads.

1LO94

Reaction score
i have stock stamped steal valve covers on my car, with trickflow heads, and 1.6 comp magnum rockers, tight fit but they went on and no problems

hottwheels04

Reaction score
Heres my

The way around the filler neck is its in the way of the 94-95 elbow and intake,just buy yourself an extension with a filler neck filter then it will sit right above the intake and easy to change the oil thats what I did I bought one from metco motorsports heres a pic of my engine bay now able to clear stock valve covers aftermarket intake and the filler neck all under a stock hood ;) and it fit ford racing 1.6 rockers trickflow heads and intake, all with stock hood and valve covers, spacers and double thick gaskets and it just made it tight fit ;)

0207091334.jpg

0207091333c.jpg

94-5.0GT

Reaction score
so I need 90-93 fox body valve covers? or can i use 88 ones? i found a set cheap but i want to make sure i have the right ones. Im gonna use them on my 94 GT with a typhoon intake with the elbow too

94RockinGT306

Reaction score
i have valve covers off a 94 f-150. they work really well, they cleared my roller rockers and have the oil filler hole in the back on the passenger side which puts it behind the intake. I have the trick flow upper lower combo , so i had to use a 1 inch spacer to clear everything but i have heard the 3/8 will clear just fine. They also have ford logos on them stock so when i painted them ford blue and clear coated them they turned out rather nice. Just thought i would throw that in there. Th reason i needed the spacer is cuz i have world sr heads , a 75mm throttle body, the forementioned trick flow intake combo, and the throttle body adapter. I have heard that the covers will fit a stock motor with roller rockers with no prrblem, although i have not ried myself. Hope this helps someone!

94califiveoh

Reaction score
well, I purchased a pair of 93 fox valve covers and they dont fit. theres about a 1/4 inch gap between the valve cover and cylinder head because the valve cover is sitting on the rocker stud on the passenger side. the driver side fits perfect. The baffle has been removed and it still does not fit. what did you guys do to yours to make em fit. this is getting ridiculous...

2010-03-14192705.jpg

OP
OP
P

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
Grind down the mounting boss for the baffle.

94califiveoh

Reaction score
I made them fit! I used a thick gasket to clear the roller rockers and had to grind off a bit from where the valve cover hits the alternator.

95gtmustang

Reaction score
I ran crane 1.7 rr's [pedestal mount] 0n my stock 95 gt heads & my stock valve covers worked fine.

wannaboost94gt

Reaction score
Well will I have problems if it is removed? yeh or nay? I'd like to just take it off but don't know?

OP
OP
P

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
If you're running a breather instead of an oil cap, you'll likely get more oil splash out of it, but otherwise, you'll be fine.

wannaboost94gt

Reaction score
I thought I'd let everyone know that with 1990 Foxbody valve covers I had to grind a support off of the inside for them to clear my scorpion 1.6 roller rockers on GT40 heads and the oil fill tube is very close to my TB and I had to take a little off the edges of my plastic stant oil cap to put it on.

BruhBrahBrad

Reaction score
Bringing this back.....whats the best way to get around the filler neck issue with out welding a new bend in it?

Dr.Scientist

Reaction score
This is probly a dumb question but... what's the point? Do they look better? That would be a good enough excuse for me heh

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carolinastang78

Members online