Elrod's 5.0 Revival

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
keep us posted so we'll know for sure what is needed to if anyone else want to do that kinda thing

OP
OP
ElrodKTPQ_89

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
Ok did some readin and figured out one item in question was the purge regulator valve and that it goes to the under side of the intake which is gonna suuuck to get my hand to! Can anyone tell me what sending unit I'm needing for the intake?

jwhisl

Reaction score
That looks like a temp sensor hole to me man. There should be a wire with a 90 degree angle on the end that pushes on to the threaded end

OP
OP
ElrodKTPQ_89

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
That looks like a temp sensor hole to me man. There should be a wire with a 90 degree angle on the end that pushes on to the threaded end

Ok that's what I've got I just wanted some input to make sure it was right! I had to buy another fuel injector harness a while back because some of my plugs were in bad shape and that's the one wire on the other harness that was missing. All taken care of now! Only things I have left now are getting a belt and spark plug wires, draining all my old gas, fixing my broken trans cooler line and then I'll be ready to fire this dude up! I'll be in school all night tomorrow so I'll probably shoot for Wednesday night to give it another shot!

OP
OP
ElrodKTPQ_89

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
Just to throw this out there for anyone who doesn't know, if you ever have to replace your oil dipstick tube...don't use the Spectre kit from autozone that's made for 'small block ford 302/351W'!! Save that $10 for something else. It won't even begin to go in the hole in the block and it's too short to get something in on top of it to help tap it in. Other than that everything else is going good. I've gotta get a belt this evening after work, drain the old gas out and put new in, then I may try to fire it up tonite (maybe). I've gotta get a cap to fit my egr valve too, I'm using fox headers with no bung for the egr, so instead of putting a delete plate on the intake I'm gonna put the valve back in and leave it plugged in and just cap it off until I can get a tuner to remove it.

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Just to throw this out there for anyone who doesn't know, if you ever have to replace your oil dipstick tube...don't use the Spectre kit from autozone that's made for 'small block ford 302/351W'!! Save that $10 for something else. It won't even begin to go in the hole in the block and it's too short to get something in on top of it to help tap it in. Other than that everything else is going good. I've gotta get a belt this evening after work, drain the old gas out and put new in, then I may try to fire it up tonite (maybe). I've gotta get a cap to fit my egr valve too, I'm using fox headers with no bung for the egr, so instead of putting a delete plate on the intake I'm gonna put the valve back in and leave it plugged in and just cap it off until I can get a tuner to remove it.
\

i want pictures. i want them NOW.

OP
OP
ElrodKTPQ_89

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
keep us posted so we'll know for sure what is needed to if anyone else want to do that kinda thing

Got the exhaust under the car last night and everything fit perfect! All I'll have to do is weld in some new exhaust hangers but as far as length and spacing and clearance etc. you couldn't have ask for it to be any simpler. Keep in mind though that it was the complete exhaust out of the Fox body: headers, h-pipe and mufflers that stopped just before the axle. I'll try to get a pic later when I get home.

OP
OP
ElrodKTPQ_89

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
I'm a little late on posting an update and I'll try my best to get some pictures up tonite when I get home...BUT THE CAR IS ALIVE!!! I wound up having to change the fuel pump last minute so that set me back a little bit. But after that was done and I drained the fuel tank, I filled it up with gas, stuck a hot battery in and turned the key on, a little hesitant at first but she runs great now! Got my exhaust bolted up and had to replace my o2 sensors but it's all good to go now except for welding new exhaust hangers up. My buddy is bringing his timing light over tomorrow afternoon so I can get it adjusted right and then I should be ok! I'll try to get an exhaust clip up soon too but I promise I won't let you guys down! It feels great to know that everything is working fine! This is the first time I've ever done any engine work completely by myself and only the second time I've worked on a motor, the first being a 4.9L I6. The only help ive had so far was getting the motor in the car, the rest has been all me. So I consider it to be a huge success! Lol. Stay tuned pics to come!

OP
OP
ElrodKTPQ_89

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
Ok picture time! Little late but better late than never!

Finished engine! Intake plaque needs to be sanded so it'll stand out!
null_zps5823c60a.jpg

null_zpsd5922284.jpg

null_zpsb4b2dda6.jpg

There are still quite a few things under the hood that need a lil repainting and freshening up. My plan is to paint the car maybe next summer and when we do we'll repainted the inner fenders and firewall also.

Can't really get up under the car well enough to get a good shot of the exhaust but I will whenever we get under there to weld in some new hangers! Anyway, the Magnapacks with 4" tips!
null_zpsa6a94261.jpg

null_zps7b6f07a5.jpg

They could have stood a little cleaning but they're only gonna get dirty again under the car so oh well haha! Hopefully I can get the exhaust hangers welded up one day this week!

And I'm trying to get an exhaust video to upload to YouTube but it's failing at the moment so as soon as I get it uploaded I'll post the link to here for you guys!

OP
OP
ElrodKTPQ_89

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
Soooo I only thought I had the car running right...a friend of mine (who has worked on a few mustangs and other fords) came by to check it out...the car still had a little bit of a miss and he thought he might know what it was. Turns out I had the spark plug wires routed wrong...looked up a different diagram and tried it that way...fired up perfect!!! Smooth and with no hesitation and idled exactly how it was supposed to. I kinda felt like a dummy afterwards but I'm extremely relieved to have it running right as it should be! I still haven't gotten it outta my shop to drive it around yet but that day is coming soon. I did take a video of the exhaust and try to upload it to YouTube but it would never go through, gues that's a good thing now that it sounds waayyy better running smooth like it should! I'll try again to take a video soon and I'll get it up here as soon as I can! Thanks to anyone who has been checking out this thread all the positive feedback is a big confidence boost and motivator for me lol

fomoco85

Reaction score
Home is Camano Island,WA/ work is Electric City, W
Oh ya and a word to the wise.... If ya run any plastic parts through the dishwasher- make sure ya clear it out again before she gets home. And if ya clean the dishwasher out with Castro Speedy Clean cycle it a few times. Dang she has a sensitive nose!!

OP
OP
ElrodKTPQ_89

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
Haven't really messed with the car much since I got the exhaust video up, still waiting to get it registered before I go very far with her. Sunday I finally got it out of the shop and made the block around my house and everything went great! Brakes work fine, no noise from the u-joints, which both surprised me since the car had been sitting up for years before I bought it. Yesterday was a nice sunny day here so I pulled the car into my car port to give her a quick whore bath and get my headlights put in. Snapped a couple pics of it afterwards so enjoy:
1FE01094-52B6-4373-BF34-7ABA76998837_zpsfa1yabia.jpg
D7750E53-C74E-4BBF-9C28-F0FB760747E9_zpslchtn4gn.jpg
799E4DA3-1E32-4D7C-BF27-640FD216FDC1_zpspkwd6rsx.jpg
08CF5B66-D38F-49FD-97FE-D402916A95D7_zpsk7krvdrx.jpg
She definitely needs to be a little closer to the ground and some fresh paint on top of that and she'll be lookin right then!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RevJon

Members online