Elrod's 5.0 Revival

SLOW95GTS

Reaction score
It's gonna look great when you put It all together I'd suggest getting two deep dish bullitts and a s281 wing and you sir will have a nice ride. Also I seen a lot of surface rust under your car, if I were you I'd put the car on four jackstands and hose it off, sand, and get some bed liner to cover it up and paint the gas tank.

OP
OP
ElrodKTPQ_89

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
It's gonna look great when you put It all together I'd suggest getting two deep dish bullitts and a s281 wing and you sir will have a nice ride. Also I seen a lot of surface rust under your car, if I were you I'd put the car on four jackstands and hose it off, sand, and get some bed liner to cover it up and paint the gas tank.

Those are on my list. When I first got the car my plan was staggered FR500's in black, an s281 wing and cobra bumper but I don't think I'm gonna go with the cobra bumper anymore. And as soon as it warms up and dries up enough everything underneath is getting undercoated. I'm still not 100% sure if I wanna keep the car so I don't wanna throw a bunch of money into the body just yet. My 93 F-150 has always been my baby and I've thought seriously for a long time about getting this motor running and all the bugs worked out while it was in the car, then pulling it and swapping it into my truck as a project for next winter, and selling the car to someone who may have totalled their car and needs a good donor to put their motor in. I'll just have to make that decision after I drive the car for a bit.

SLOW95GTS

Reaction score
Wait til you drive the mustang and start to modify, that truck is gonna be the one for sell lol.

OP
OP
ElrodKTPQ_89

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
I don't think I can make myself sell it I've sunk too much money in it over the years, it's just on the back burner for now. I'd love to coyote swap it, but I think the mustang motor swap is the easier choice lol. We'll see down the road I may just have to keep the car in my toy box lol!

fomoco85

Reaction score
Home is Camano Island,WA/ work is Electric City, W
Those are on my list. When I first got the car my plan was staggered FR500's in black, an s281 wing and cobra bumper but I don't think I'm gonna go with the cobra bumper anymore. And as soon as it warms up and dries up enough everything underneath is getting undercoated. I'm still not 100% sure if I wanna keep the car so I don't wanna throw a bunch of money into the body just yet. My 93 F-150 has always been my baby and I've thought seriously for a long time about getting this motor running and all the bugs worked out while it was in the car, then pulling it and swapping it into my truck as a project for next winter, and selling the car to someone who may have totalled their car and needs a good donor to put their motor in. I'll just have to make that decision after I drive the car for a bit.
I'd build a 5.8L for that truck ( a lightning clone) keep both. A whole lot easier to slip the 351w under the F150 hood. Lol

SLOW95GTS

Reaction score
I'd build a 5.8L for that truck ( a lightning clone) keep both. A whole lot easier to slip the 351w under the F150 hood. Lol

+1 5.0 motors in those were slugs, 351w actually gave you better mileage because of its torque.

OP
OP
ElrodKTPQ_89

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
If I ever did a motor swap into that truck it wouldn't necessarily be to make it a speed demon lol. I've always just wanted it low with a nice paintjob, nice wheels and a good sounding v8. I would prolly be the first person ever to coyote swap one if I did that. But you guys are right I'm prolly gonna wind up being just as attached to this car before it's all said and done!

OP
OP
ElrodKTPQ_89

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
I've always wanted to do the long haul on the Power Tour one year and think it would be pretty cool to do so in my old truck.

OP
OP
ElrodKTPQ_89

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
Got a lil update here...for those of you who've seen my thread about my issues with the car, I'm still trying to get it lined out but I'm close...hopefully will have it this weekend weather permitting. I'm also still waiting on my title to come in the mail so no big deal that it's not running since I can't legally drive it anyway. This afternoon I went to the salvage yard and started pulling the dash out of an 01 Mustang to get ready for my dash swap. I didn't get completely finished with the dash itself, still had a couple clips holding the wiring harness to the dash that I was just tired of fighting plus it was getting late. I managed to come out today with the center console with cup holders, double din bezel with all 3 buttons, shifter bezel, gauge cluster cover, and the vent section at the top of the dash. The next day I go back I'll be able to get the dash out. All of the above is only costing me $165 which doesn't sound too bad to me. Once it starts warming up I'll get it all cleaned up and painted and begin pulling my old dash out and starting the swap.

OP
OP
ElrodKTPQ_89

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
Not much progress on the car, but I finally have a title!! THIS CAR IS LEGALLY MINE!!! That is the most relieving feeling ever!! And I'm gonna add in some photos that I posted in a separate thread.

Randomcaramptruckpics043_zps9bd4beaf.jpg

Randomcaramptruckpics042_zpsf5e9f2b8.jpg

Randomcaramptruckpics041_zps80a66c9a.jpg

Randomcaramptruckpics040_zpsd44128ec.jpg

Randomcaramptruckpics039_zpsf1e223c8.jpg

Randomcaramptruckpics038_zps6fb5c76e.jpg

Randomcaramptruckpics037_zps958ca6e9.jpg

Randomcaramptruckpics036_zpsb615ab17.jpg

Randomcaramptruckpics035_zps6f2ddd8c.jpg

Randomcaramptruckpics044_zps42c2a642.jpg

Randomcaramptruckpics045_zps3751aae7.jpg

Randomcaramptruckpics046_zpsef95b7e0.jpg

Randomcaramptruckpics047_zps7325ee4a.jpg

Randomcaramptruckpics048_zps7116c1a5.jpg

null_zps553d429b.jpg

null_zps1251f548.jpg

null_zps8757fa13.jpg

45E9E661-4F35-4342-83D9-D276C8196F45_zpsell4yabp.jpg

BBD343FA-1373-4FE4-BF94-E55E3CA7EFF1_zps2i76dpis.jpg

1FE01094-52B6-4373-BF34-7ABA76998837_zpsfa1yabia.jpg

D7750E53-C74E-4BBF-9C28-F0FB760747E9_zpslchtn4gn.jpg

799E4DA3-1E32-4D7C-BF27-640FD216FDC1_zpspkwd6rsx.jpg

08CF5B66-D38F-49FD-97FE-D402916A95D7_zpsk7krvdrx.jpg

3F0EDEBD-A8AA-4F08-B0B5-2B9547B32504_zps7ny9flhz.jpg

OP
OP
ElrodKTPQ_89

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
got your hands full, huh brotha? :-D

Yes, lol, but things are going my way now. I've been fighting to get the title since I bought the car a year and a half ago. Now soon as I can get it registered and insured I can finally get it outta my shop and put some miles on it and get it broke in! Then my next challenge is gonna be that dash repaint and swap.

CasperGT

Reaction score
dude idc but you have a nice ride! HUGE props!!!
I am in love with your signature too!!!

OP
OP
ElrodKTPQ_89

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
dude idc but you have a nice ride! HUGE props!!!
I am in love with your signature too!!!

Thank you man! When I first bought it I wanted to get it driveable then sell it to put money towards another project but I've gotten hooked on the car! I couldn't get back the money I've put into it so it's here to stay.
And for the signature, you can thank [MENTION=15502]Ferocious[/MENTION] for that, he's got some talent!

CasperGT

Reaction score
Thank you man! When I first bought it I wanted to get it driveable then sell it to put money towards another project but I've gotten hooked on the car! I couldn't get back the money I've put into it so it's here to stay.
And for the signature, you can thank Ferocious for that, he's got some talent!

What are you plan on doing to this mustang?!!?

OP
OP
ElrodKTPQ_89

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
Once I'm legal to drive it I'm gonna start by tinting the windows and lowering it. Next will be fresh paint and hopefully the money for some staggered FR500's. Maybe next year I'll try to upgrade to a GT40 top end. And somewhere in that time frame I'll also be be swapping out my dash and center console when I get my new stuff painted.

OP
OP
ElrodKTPQ_89

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
So I just sat down with (almost) all my receipts together from my little project and totaled everything up. Based on my receipts I have a little over $5000 invested in it. Then I remembered a few things I don't have receipts for...Roller Rockers, new fuel injector harness, new injectors, random bolts & nuts, hose clamps etc. Safe to say I have over $5500 invested so far, and I still haven't started driving it...so before long I'm sure I'll be adding various brake, suspension and other drivetrain parts to that list, as well as lowering it and tinting the windows. Part of me wishes I had spent that money on my old F-150 but I know all this hard work on the car is gonna pay off and it's been a great learning experience getting to put this thing back together from scratch with only the knowledge I already had and what I've learned from some of you guys! The truck will be going through revival very soon itself..

OP
OP
ElrodKTPQ_89

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
For those of you who checked in on my other thread about all the idling issues I've been having, I finally got all my ducks in a row and got my car loaded up on a trailer today to be put into better hands...

1977174_643885639012833_1568947014_n.jpg

I found a pretty well-known 5.0 mustang guy from El Dorado, AR about 40 miles from me that was willing to take it in and see if he can get it lined out. I'm pretty confident that he can figure out what's going on, if not I don't know what I'll do. I'll either be taking it tomorrow or Friday and not sure about when I'll get it back but boy am I ready!

OP
OP
ElrodKTPQ_89

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
10401930_685896161478447_4244795340800187434_n.jpg
Went and checked on her yesterday as I was passing through the town where the shop is located. They've only had a chance to work on it a few times and during one of those times the tumbler in the ignition was screwed up and got to the point where the key won't even go in it anymore, which I knew was going to happen eventually anyway. The guy said he will fix that first and try again, they now have a parts car at their shop and are going to try the ECM from that car to see if that makes a difference. Plus a member of his race crew has dedicated some of his personal time to try and get some progress made on it and see if they can get it running right again. So hopefully in the next week or two or three I'll finally hear some good news. Also next time I'm over there I'll take some pictures of some of the cars around his shop for you guys to enjoy. His racecar is absolutely amazing, and yesterday there was a white 94-95 cobra on a lift outside the shop with a pretty awesome looking setup from what I could see. Maybe I can get a few of the guys to join up on here as well. And be prepared for some cool updates when I do get it back...my front bedroom of my house is full of goodies. New springs and rear LCA's, shocks struts and CC plates and a Mach1 chin spoiler all waiting to go on.

OP
OP
ElrodKTPQ_89

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
So for those of you who haven't seen my other thread ( http://www.sn95forums.com/showthread.php?66659-I-m-back-in-the-Mustang-game!!! ), she's back!!! I went to pick her up Tuesday night! Details of what was wrong etc. are in the link.
But so far she's doing great! I've been driving it some everyday, it's doing really well. Today I went to town and finally bought windshield wipers for it. Considering taking it to a friends shop this weekend and going ahead and swapping my springs and control arms and every thing and get her on down to earth!

10518962_718377818230281_4231559253400422688_n.jpg

10492166_718377831563613_6123904394986654646_n.jpg

There are a few issues that I'm also gonna have to address soon. The transmission is slipping/shuddering between 3-4 gear, which may just be due to the amount of time it sat up, either way it's getting checked out soon. The brakes in the rear need to be replaced, and I need to go to an exhaust shop and have some work done to make everything fit under the car a little better since the full exhaust was originally in a Fox. And I'm having a weird issue with my Pioneer CD player I swapped in from my old truck lastnight...for one, when I turn the headlights on now, none of the dash lights come on, but the clock does. I'm thinking that may be due to hooking up the orange illumination wire which maybe shouldn't have been hooked up. And for some reason every time I turn my key off my settings on the CD player reset...no clue as to what causes that. Oh well though, having issues is part of restoring a car that sat for half it's life! I'll keep updating this more often now, and for the time here's my short exhaust video from the other day. Hope you guys enjoy it!

[video=youtube_share;RHNG03tcJTk]http://youtu.be/RHNG03tcJTk[/video]

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slow_1996_2V

Members online