GM: no more Camaro’s as of 2024

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Just read in a news pop-up that the boss lady at GM is discontinuing the Camaro as of 2024 after 57 years! (oh, and the Bolt, but who cares?). I know we’re used to seeing Camaro’s in our rear view mirrors (LOL), but it’s still kind of a shame to see it go with the long-standing rivalry and all. I guess that leaves us and the Charger/Challengers in the pony class.

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
they will probably just take a few years off like last time.
Thought of that, too. Maybe come back with an electric Camaro. Still waiting to hear further on their CEO producing that $15k equally “reliable as everything else” truck that even poor folk like me can afford. (not holding my breath)

badass98svt

Reaction score
Just read in a news pop-up that the boss lady at GM is discontinuing the Camaro as of 2024 after 57 years! (oh, and the Bolt, but who cares?). I know we’re used to seeing Camaro’s in our rear view mirrors (LOL), but it’s still kind of a shame to see it go with the long-standing rivalry and all. I guess that leaves us and the Charger/Challengers in the pony class.

After 57 years? I think they forgot that the Camaro was MIA for a few years in there.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Now this is only the 2nd time they quit making them right? For some reason I was thinking it was the 3rd but I know it isn't right.

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
ROFLMFAO! Maybe we should do a drum roll in (a less than eager) anticipation of whether or not our nemisis will return?

cobrajeff96

Reaction score
Like a bad VD, it'll be back. But it'll run off batteries because that's where all the corporate soi bois are putting their eggs these days.

weendoggy

Reaction score
Like a bad VD, it'll be back. But it'll run off batteries because that's where all the corporate soi bois are putting their eggs these days.
Yeah, look what they did to the Mustang by electrifying it. Looks like a huge turd!

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Don’t worry guys the mustang is said to cease production after 2028

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Since seeing them around I’ve been trying my damndest to at least “accept” them, if only to the tiniest degree. I just can’t. Where they went with the design is WAAAAY out of bounds. It’s somewhere between a compact SUV and the Tesla squatty SUV-looking thing (whatever the F it’s called).

The only… and I mean ONLY… electric Mustang I could stand was a deep, dark red with black wheels and accents and blacked out windows. It was the best looking one I’ve seen. But in the end, I still wouldn’t want it, especially at 50-60k

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I am still not sold on electric either. I think they would have sold just as many if they just called it the E-xplorer or something like that. I don't think there were any die-hard mustang fans that had to have it because of the name and it did a great job annoying the die hard mustang fans. Now I am still a fan of hybrids even after I had to finally replace the battery in mine just an hour ago. I say finally because the car is an 08, we have had it since new and this was the first battery we have had to replace. This was the small 12v battery although they still get $240 for it but if it lasts 15 years, I can't complain too much. I swapped it out, turned the car on and it started charging the hybrid battery as though nothing was wrong. I looked it up and that one will run a little more than $1k when it does go, but at the moment it is still getting 40-45 mpg like it did when it was new

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Only electric id buy is a Tesla solely on reliability . The build quality is sub par by far fitment is shit . No I’m not in the market for one and I don’t intend to buy one anytime soon .

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I was just watching a vid on the cybertruck and there are so many pieces on it that I see being specialized and big $$$$ when they need to be replaced. For instance the tires are specific to the truck so the wheel covers fit into them, I am afraid to know what that special tire costs. The next thing I saw was that they were bragging about the windshield and how it is the biggest piece of automotive glass made. Because of the size it is made from a special type of glass/composite that is supposed to be hard to chip, but not impossible. When I lived in phoenix I had glass insurance coverage on all my cars because about 2-4 times per year you will be going down the highway and the car in front of you will kick up a piece of the decomposed granite cobble they like to put on the side of the highways and crack your windshield. I am can only imagine what they will get to replace that big old sucker and recalibrate the computer/cameras after parts/labor is included.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online

No members online now.