Has anyone ever used an Abbot Speedcal?

BitchinCorolla

Reaction score
Got 4.10s installed a while ago and my speedometer has been off ever since. Originally thought I could change out the speedometer gear but turns out they don’t have any sold that will correct it (I’d need 26 tooth). So my choice is either changing the gear in the back of the transmission or wiring in a speedcal. Leaning towards that option, and from what I’ve found the only one available is the Abbot one (https://lmr.com/item/AEI-ERA/abbot-mustang-electronic-speedometer-recalibrator-era-94-04). Every other link I’ve found has been dead. So… I am wondering if anyone has ever installed this and could walk me through the process? Or is it something I should leave to the shop if I’m not experienced in wire splicing? Or maybe someone has custom fabricated a 26 tooth? Car is a 98 GT 5 speed, last year before it was correctable by a tune… bummer.

joemomma

Reaction score
I'm going to try to install mine ('94GT, process should be the same) this weekend. I'll let you know what I get in to.

OP
OP
BitchinCorolla

BitchinCorolla

Reaction score
I'm going to try to install mine ('94GT, process should be the same) this weekend. I'll let you know what I get in to.
Thanks, I appreciate that. It seems simple enough but like I said I’ve never messed with wiring before.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online