How-To: Replace Ball Joints

RabidPony

Reaction score
Damn good write up. One thing to note, try doing it on tubular control arms....:angry7: Talk about a pain.

Bub

Reaction score
Thought I'd share this as I just did my ball joints. Rather than $60 at your local parts store I ordered from ebay user truebluemotorsports and it is a BNIB Moog Ball joint unopened and is identical to the one i bought at my Orielly's, I feel safe saying anyone can order before they do the work and save some $$!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Moog-K8749-Suspension-Ball-Joint-/251202586201?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Year%3A1994%7CModel%3AMustang%7CSubmodel%3AGT&hash=item3a7cd74659&vxp=mtr

chrisv_10

Reaction score
Thought I'd share this as I just did my ball joints. Rather than $60 at your local parts store I ordered from ebay user truebluemotorsports and it is a BNIB Moog Ball joint unopened and is identical to the one i bought at my Orielly's, I feel safe saying anyone can order before they do the work and save some $$!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Moog-K8749-Suspension-Ball-Joint-/251202586201?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Year%3A1994%7CModel%3AMustang%7CSubmodel%3AGT&hash=item3a7cd74659&vxp=mtr

Wow that's pretty cheap. Might have to order these now. Are you sure they're moog?

Sent on the toilet from my SGH-T679

Bub

Reaction score
Wow that's pretty cheap. Might have to order these now. Are you sure they're moog?

Sent on the toilet from my SGH-T679

yes i ordered them and installed last week in my 94. i ordered for the driver side, the passenger side i bought at orielly and they were 100% identical

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
How to replace ball joints

Tools needed: Cell phone with [MENTION=17070]Tony[/MENTION]'s number in it

Step 1: Call Tony

Step 2: Watch Tony

Step 3: Feed Tony

Step 4: Tony likeee beer

Step 5: Enjoy new ball joints!

LOL but no in all seriousness this is a great write up man. I sure dread the day I have to replace mine, I've never liked ball joints and I guess Mustang balljoints are just a total pita. Can't wait! Thanks for the write up man :)

gtsn95

Reaction score
barff ball joints, replaced mine last summer with x2's. Three days ago i hit a railroad track a little to aggressively damn thing popped right out of the control arm :( kinda funny how this got posted and mine just popped out damn you :)

DKblue98GT

Reaction score
Thanks for the write up. I replaced mine yesterday. It wasn't hard but it took a while...

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Moog balljoints are shit the top quality napa ones are the way to go .... Life time warranty as well so if they fail you get new ones for free

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
barff ball joints, replaced mine last summer with x2's. Three days ago i hit a railroad track a little to aggressively damn thing popped right out of the control arm :( kinda funny how this got posted and mine just popped out damn you :)
Should of stayed away from the x2... I had hell getting mine to sit. Got 9k and already have the driver side making noise. .

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online