Its official the 2valve pi manifold has ceased production.

Mustang5L5

Reaction score
Crossover tube differences. The boss is untapped, and also 1/4” taller than the stock intake.

Crossover can be swapped. Uses a few o-rings as a seal so those might need to be replaced. Or drill/tap.

IMG_7358.jpeg

Alt bracket mounts as expected.
IMG_7363.jpeg

Mustang5L5

Reaction score
Here’s the insulator on the Vic/lincoln intake. It’s snug but it pulls off. Hard plastic outer shell and an inner foam rubber. No idea of this can be used in the Mustang application.

IMG_7364.jpeg

Mustang5L5

Reaction score
Ford is apparently telling folks the intake will be back this coming April?

Have seen this mentioned on FB a few times. Machine still gone right? Not a process anyone else can easily pick up?

TRS666

Reaction score
Ford is apparently telling folks the intake will be back this coming April?

Have seen this mentioned on FB a few times. Machine still gone right? Not a process anyone else can easily pick up?
What is the FB site for these cars? I try to avoid FB but for some reason there is often more activity there than "old-time" forums.

OP
OP
96blak54

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
The machines are idle and still available for production. At the time of production end, their may have been negotiations that didnt favor continued production. This may have changed recently, i dont know, but can find out. I do know costs to produce this particular style of intake is crazy.

I dont currently work for the company anymore as i have switched jobs, but i still have connections and can find out. I do know all the machines associated with production took up alot of space that the company was looking forward to removing to gain the realestate for more projects, more money.

The main machine use to produce a good number of different car manufacturers intakes that made the company great profits, but car manufacturers moved away from this style due to costs. Leaving the only one made....well i should say only 2 intakes being made. The LS and pi intake.

Ill check my contacts and get the 411.

Mustang5L5

Reaction score
What is the FB site for these cars? I try to avoid FB but for some reason there is often more activity there than "old-time" forums.

If oyu hop on FB and search "99-04 Mustang" or "SN95" and then select GROUPS, you will see a bunch pop up.

Last edited:

Mustang5L5

Reaction score
This may have changed recently, i dont know, but can find out. I do know costs to produce this particular style of intake is crazy.

Cool

Would be interesting to see if Ford does renegotiate to bring it back. I wonder what the price point would be however and assume it would just be carried through to the consumer.

SnakeBit!

Reaction score
The machines are idle and still available for production. At the time of production end, their may have been negotiations that didnt favor continued production. This may have changed recently, i dont know, but can find out. I do know costs to produce this particular style of intake is crazy.

I dont currently work for the company anymore as i have switched jobs, but i still have connections and can find out. I do know all the machines associated with production took up alot of space that the company was looking forward to removing to gain the realestate for more projects, more money.

The main machine use to produce a good number of different car manufacturers intakes that made the company great profits, but car manufacturers moved away from this style due to costs. Leaving the only one made....well i should say only 2 intakes being made. The LS and pi intake.

That would be great for everyone to know.

TRS666

Reaction score
There's more activity, but I wouldn't call it quality activity. A lot of posts regarding LED headlight swaps, Ebay/Amazon $300 coil-overs, neon wraps, and running straight pipes and the like. Once in a while there's a half-decent tech post, but for the most part it's a younger crowd.

If oyu hop on FB and search "99-04 Mustang" or "SN95" and then select GROUPS, you will see a bunch pop up. I can't really recommend a good one however because I don't really think there are any.
Agree with that, not much knowledge on FB groups and no structure either. But the younger crowds seem to like it that way!

Mustang5L5

Reaction score
Agree with that, not much knowledge on FB groups and no structure either. But the younger crowds seem to like it that way!

No. It's great for picture content though. Want to see what a different set of wheels looks like? Plenty of folks willing to share pics

OP
OP
96blak54

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
I appreciate the common performance info shared among them groups. I agree with Mustang5L5 about picture content. They love sharing!

Mustang5L5

Reaction score
I dont currently work for the company anymore as i have switched jobs, but i still have connections and can find out. I do know all the machines

Ever hear back? Still dead?

OP
OP
96blak54

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
My old technician work buddies are telling me the 5110 manifolds are no more! 5110 refers to the product # the company produced. This manifold is 5,110th part they produced. They well into the ten thousands of different parts they make.

The 5110 is the pi 4.6l manifold( look down inside the throttle body and youll see 5110 embossed on the bottom).

Aaaand Im sad to say...... its all long gone. Even the special machines, tooling, robots, the process....gone. The only company to produce a solid 1pc manifold, the process that put this company on the map has been dismantled and completely removed from the building. All thats left are molds and dies staged around untill ford comes pick them up.

Even the machines that installed the brass inserts....gone. The machines that pressure tested each manifold....gone. The screw machine that installed the water channels....gone. And all these machines weren't just removed. They were dismantled and sent to the scrap. They take a sawsall and chop it into manageable sections. All gone.

Mustang5L5

Reaction score
All thats left are molds and dies staged around untill ford comes pick them up.

What does Ford do with those? Scrap them i would imagine? I assume they consider those their IP and take them back for scrapping...or paperweights on someone's bench.

I'd love for something like that on my shelf. lol

OP
OP
96blak54

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
uhm.....your shelf better be capable of handling some serious tonnage!

Mustang5L5

Reaction score
lol. Nevermind. I guess I pictured something different in my mind!

Mustang5L5

Reaction score
My old technician work buddies are telling me the 5110 manifolds are no more! 5110 refers to the product # the company produced. This manifold is 5,110th part they produced. They well into the ten thousands of different parts they make.

The 5110 is the pi 4.6l manifold( look down inside the throttle body and youll see 5110 embossed on the bottom).

For future reference if anyone is looking for an intake. Here’s that part number

IMG_8548.jpeg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online

No members online now.