k-member ?'s

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
I don't give a fuck why they did it looks gayer then fck that's why I made mine the way I did ... And I'm sure my fox will out handle your car with my setup with my UPR control arms up front...

whoa okay mr big balls. it only moves the wheels forward 3/4 of an inch, it's not like it's actually going to be a noticeable difference.

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
whoa okay mr big balls. it only moves the wheels forward 3/4 of an inch, it's not like it's actually going to be a noticeable difference.

Having big balls has nothing to do with any of this

ReplicaR

Reaction score
I personally like how slightly forward the wheels have been kicked after the MM k-member has been installed. They did it to give it more caster and to get better ackermann angle, and stretch the wheel base ever so slightly. All of that had positive effect on handling and front end grip. If you ever look at C6 Z06, it's got kind of same thing going on. I'm also fairly certain that my MM rear lower control arms have moved the rear axle slightly more back as well, again stretching the wheel base.

MadStang

Reaction score
I personally like how slightly forward the wheels have been kicked after the MM k-member has been installed. They did it to give it more caster and to get better ackermann angle, and stretch the wheel base ever so slightly. All of that had positive effect on handling and front end grip. If you ever look at C6 Z06, it's got kind of same thing going on. I'm also fairly certain that my MM rear lower control arms have moved the rear axle slightly more back as well, again stretching the wheel base.

Whole lotta DERP in this thread and this was the ultimate thread save. Thanks for saving my breath Dmitry lol

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
Having big balls has nothing to do with any of this

just saying your reply about your car handling better made you sound like a douche; i was never disputing that your car handled well nor did I ever imply mine would be better.

OP
OP
V
Reaction score
i guess it wont be so bad if i slide the mm k-member all the way back to make up for it, but now the lower control arm angle is my biggest concern with lowering the car more and with the mm kmember having the daul control arm mounting positions takes car of that and is the only kmember ive seen that does?

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Which weighs less, team z or MM?

and this is a dumb question, but will either of these work for the V6, just wondering where I would need to look, after paint job I'll probably go with tubular up front both for weight saving and more room to work, and of course the handling benefits.

thanks for the help :)

MadStang

Reaction score
5.0/3.8 k-member is virtually the same, so yes, you can use a 5.0 k-member.

And FYI, less weight isn't always better.... some are less weight because they're track only k-members and if you drive them on the street you risk a fractured k-member. for your app, a street driven car, Maximum motorsports is the only way to go. there stuff is lifetime warrantied for the street.

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
thats what I figured, thanks buddy :) I am assuming you reccomend the MM kit, I know when I am trusting my life to something better to use quality lol

MadStang

Reaction score
check my post edit. yes, Team Z is nice, but, I'd be weary of using it on the street.... Hell Griggs Racing warned me on my v6 to not drive it on the street because it's not meant to handle that kind of abuse.

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
I'm not sure about the obsession over which K member weighs less, I wanted one that was well built and well designed.

MadStang

Reaction score
I'm not sure about the obsession over which K member weighs less, I wanted one that was well built and well designed.

yup, there's easier and safer ways to shed weight. granted it's a nice chunk of weight shed from stock, any difference between aftermarket k's are negligiable....

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
it wasnt an obsession, I just wanted to know haha.

I'll look into MM after the paint job, rear end, sfc's, and a few other things are done ;p

ReplicaR

Reaction score
MM probably barely weights 5 lbs less than stock. It's not light but then again, it is so much stiffer than stock piece, that it actually makes the suspension do the work, rather than flex under load. I'm not sad at all that I did not lose that much weight with it, because the difference in front end grip had me laughing histerically during my first session on track.

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
That's what I wanted to hear. When the time comes, MM a-arms and k member are in order. thanks for the help guys :)

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
I think you'll be quite pleased with the quality...

408019_10150476034277030_576112029_8770894_228891723_n.jpg

duh09

Legend
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I wish throwing a tubular K-member on my car wouldn't throw me out of my class in autocross and into trailer-brought, race car only cars.

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
It's quite a bit lighter then a complete stock k member a arms and springs but like replica R said the k emember itself is not to much lighter , it's super nice tho my fox is a full time street car with 450rwhp n/a and 600 on the nitrous and this piece Is awesome I run the pan hard bar as well with subframe connectors as well... I'd really like to get it out on a road course one of these days, due to my fuel reg location no drag racing allowed . Right when you see the MM piece you know you will never break it. The coilovers and control arms save quite a bit of weight as well

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online