Looking for the best fuel injectors

CobraRGuy

Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm in the early stages of converting my car from a carburetor to Holley HP EFI. I'll need a set of 42lb/hr injectors in order to provide the necessary fuel for the engine's power output (~625HP). I already have a Trick Flow 351W single-plane EFI intake and I plan to use an Accufab throttle body. I also already have the necessary EFI fuel pump and regulator.
I've been doing a little research on the different types and brands of injectors out there, but nothing has really stuck out as a clear winner. Cost is of little to no concern. My priorities are:

A matched set of 8,
Excellent spray pattern/atomization,
Reliability

Any and all replies are, of course, greatly appreciated.

Thanks, CobraRGuy

castine917

Reaction score
You aren’t going to find a clearcut winner. Just stick with any fairly well-known brand such as the Ford racing, TrickFlow, Holley, I.D., Summit, Bosch, Delphi, Pertronix, Jegs,,,,,.

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
If it were me, I'd order a set of Ford 2020 gt500 injectors. They are all matched, 65lbs at 58 psi, work with ethanol, and they are relatively cheap. Dead times are short too so they idle perfectly.

cobrajeff96

Reaction score
If money isn't a thing, and you want the best, it's Injector Dynamics. They are a tuner's best friend.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I went with holley just because I have been really happy with their aftermarket support and because I am running a holley HP. They are also only a few hours away so I can normally get things pretty quick and there is no concern about quality.

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
ID ($$$$) or FP ($$$). Compare and decide.

I run Accel 24lb, but I’m just a 347 stroker with 1/2 the hp you have.

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
I try to use Ford injectors in everything. They are factory quality and have the best injector data. On a factory computer, good injector data is priceless. At the shop, we used coyote injectors in all the Ls swaps.

94IndyPace

Reaction score
I would look for Ford green tops not Chinese knock offs or Pro M from Anderson

OP
OP
CobraRGuy

CobraRGuy

Reaction score
If money isn't a thing, and you want the best, it's Injector Dynamics. They are a tuner's best friend.
Hi thanks. I looked at their offerings and they look pretty impressive in terms of technology and manufacturing quality, but they don't seem to offer anything below 100 lb/hr (1050cc/min). Am I misunderstanding that?

decipha

Reaction score
The ford racing siemens deka 80s from poweraddersolutions are the best value and quality injector for bone stock and modified vehicles making up to 800 hp.

They are OEM ford, ULEV certified and their flow is required to flow within a set percentage by siemens so 1 injector can be replaced at any time with no problems.

Just be cautious as there are a ton of knock offs out there. Be sure they are SIEMENS (capital i) and not the knock off brand SlEMENS (lowercase L).

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Can’t go wrong with Siemens injectors in running the ford racing 60’s but they’re maxxed

OP
OP
CobraRGuy

CobraRGuy

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for all of your suggestions. I'm still a ways off from the actual conversion. My plan is to put the Edelbrock Victor Jr and Holley 4150HP Race carburetor back on it once the new engine is in the car because that's what it's set up for now. I'm accumulating as many of the components as possible as time goes by. I have the EFI pump, regulator, manifold, and fuel rails. I probably won't tackle this until next winter though.
Thanks again, CobraRGuy

wmfateam

Reaction score
Hi thanks. I looked at their offerings and they look pretty impressive in terms of technology and manufacturing quality, but they don't seem to offer anything below 100 lb/hr (1050cc/min). Am I misunderstanding that?
The smallest we offer is the 1050x. But running an injector at a lower pulse width is not going to hurt. We test and tune all our injectors to run on anything from a stock Polaris XP1000 to 4 digit drag cars. We even had a stock civic in the shop that was daily driven on the old ID2000s. If you have a reputable tuner, I would consult with them to see what they prefer personally. With our data available online, it makes things easy for tuners.

OP
OP
CobraRGuy

CobraRGuy

Reaction score
Thanks. I've heard that using a smaller injector at 80 to 90%+ duty cycle provides better atomization than a larger injector at a lower duty cycle. Getting the best atomization and spray pattern are two of my priorities.
One of the people I've been consulting with is Rich Nedbal of EFI Expert. We've talked about using the Holley HP controller, but we haven't actually discussed injector selection.

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
80 90% duty cycle injectors makes perfect sense and is a great discussion topic. Also raising fuel psi level on smaller injectors collate with the 80 90%. Ideally we want fuel to remain suspended throughout the bore, but most over inject at the start of incoming rush in theory causing what was injected early to follow the piston to the bottom of the bore leaving the top of the bore dry. When the piston travels up before compressing, the air is still coming in while the valve is still open and its still dry all awhile the previous fuel begins to become stagnant. Not to mention hot. Having the fuel injection spray the length of incoming air will also cool the charge and maintain atomization.

OP
OP
CobraRGuy

CobraRGuy

Reaction score
80 90% duty cycle injectors makes perfect sense and is a great discussion topic. Also raising fuel psi level on smaller injectors collate with the 80 90%. Ideally we want fuel to remain suspended throughout the bore, but most over inject at the start of incoming rush in theory causing what was injected early to follow the piston to the bottom of the bore leaving the top of the bore dry. When the piston travels up before compressing, the air is still coming in while the valve is still open and its still dry all awhile the previous fuel begins to become stagnant. Not to mention hot. Having the fuel injection spray the length of incoming air will also cool the charge and maintain atomization.
Thanks, but I'm not quite following you on this. I get the idea that the fuel injected early ends up at the bottom of the cylinder, but I don't understand how the fuel can be injected "the length of incoming air". I know that these ECUs can change the timing of the injector relative to the crank position, so wouldn't that address the issue?

OP
OP
CobraRGuy

CobraRGuy

Reaction score
BTW I've looked at the Ford Racing M-9593-LU47 47lb USCAR/EV6 injectors. They are a little higher output than I require (43-45lb), but otherwise these look almost perfect for what I need. These have a 6-hole nozzle which supposedly produces an excellent spray pattern. They're also reasonably priced.
Unfortunately CA does not like these as multiple online sellers say they can't ship those here. Fortunately there are ways around that though... 8^)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online