Lower control arms worth it?

x182dan

Reaction score
SRT Handz said:
Chris, MM techs say that spherical on both sides on a street car is just too noisy and they advised me against it.

I took the advise and am 100% satisfied

I basically got the same answer when I talked to the tech

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Hey justin, if you buys Any other brand LCA besides MM, GW, or Griggs, then i am gonna flame your for life and you cant be my friend anymore.....

OP
OP
J

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
SRT Handz said:
Hey justin, if you buys Any other brand LCA besides MM, GW, or Griggs, then i am gonna flame your for life and you cant be my friend anymore.....

Whats abouts LakeWood's?

I heardddsss deys was aight?

duff daddy

Legend
Reaction score
or you can man up and get some with relocatedl owers and 135% traction over stock and be a real bad ass on the strip/street.....

OP
OP
J

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
Duff Daddy said:
or you can man up and get some with relocatedl owers and 135% traction over stock and be a real bad ass on the strip/street.....

hahahaha

Justinschmidt1: Now accepting paypal donations for LCA's so he can be a real bad ass on the street/strip

Anyone?

cntchds

Reaction score
El_Diablo said:
global west control arms are actually a better design aside from the weight jacking feature which most people have know idea how to use

http://www.globalwest.net/1979-2004_Mustang_performance_suspension_parts.htm#Rear%20Tubular%20control%20arms

i have the tbf-1 control arms

From that link...

Global West said:
Panhard rods will not work with TBF-1's. The panhard rod will create suspension bind during travel.

What's up with that? I've never heard that before...

duff daddy

Legend
Reaction score
justinschmidt1 said:
Duff Daddy said:

hahahaha

Justinschmidt1: Now accepting paypal donations for LCA's so he can be a real bad ass on the street/strip

Anyone?

250 bucks for hpm's or as they are now known as Ford Racing Lower Control Arms...if you need a link let me know

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Duff Daddy said:
justinschmidt1 said:
Duff Daddy said:

hahahaha

Anyone?

250 bucks for hpm's or as they are now known as Ford Racing Lower Control Arms...if you need a link let me know

i do

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Duff Daddy said:

The MM arms are only $10 more.....

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
The FRPP arms dont have a spherical on the axel side....that caused bind

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
SRT Handz said:

what casued bind? not having the spherical, or having the spherical?

hell, whats a spherical?

duff daddy

Legend
Reaction score
SRT Handz said:
YOUR opinion is that they are an infirior part to your amazing mm lca's GREAT have a cookie. MY opinion, is that with the double adjustable, relocated lower's from FRPP they are the best for what I need and want. when you cut 1.6 shor times with a stock shocks springs axles and a clutch with 125k come talk to me.

As far as spherical... all that means is when its turn, its not in a perfect circle, so you get a larger amount of adjustment out of it. Chris, most people will get that type of a bushing or the uppers in the rear to adjust their pinion angle for traction and launches (for the drag racers) and for auto x guys do it im sure for the same but i dont play on that side of the fence.

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Poly bushings only go Up and down.... If they twist, they cause bind.

Our axels dont move up and down, they twist when you turn so you need a spherical bushing on the Axel side to prevent bind. Look at my MM LCAs and you will notice a metal spherical bushing on the axel side...thats the key to a Good LCA.

El_Diablo

Reaction score
not a fan of poly..... spherical and delalum bushings FTW

im going to try with a panhard bar first and if i have bind it will be removed in favor of the watts link (which will eventually happen either way)

OP
OP
J

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
SRT Handz said:
Poly bushings only go Up and down.... If they twist, they cause bind.

Our axels dont move up and down, they twist when you turn so you need a spherical bushing on the Axel side to prevent bind. Look at my MM LCAs and you will notice a metal spherical bushing on the axel side...thats the key to a Good LCA.

free candy bitches!

OP
OP
J

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
Candy candy candy

fuck a MM lower control arm

Just get some jb weld and some popsicle sticks and make your own

Latest posts

Forum statistics