Lowering Question :: How Low Should I Go?

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
I ran H&R supersports with tokico struts and I thought it rode very well, don't forget when looking at spring rates that they are progressive rate springs so they aren't going to be at the max most of the time.

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
Depends on what your goals are.

Pro kit setup, rides like stock.

Sportline setup, feels like riding around with no suspension

Handling, youd probably be better off with a 1.5 inch drop anyway because when you go down 2 inches+ the suspension geometry becomes so bad up front you're probably doing more harm than good.

Looks, slammed is the way to go

Silver95

Reaction score
So how are the pro-kits in terms of handling and pure function form? Also, I've read mixed reviews on taking out the ISO's. Some say take them out, others only take out the lower iso and leave the uppers?

I ran H&R supersports with tokico struts and I thought it rode very well, don't forget when looking at spring rates that they are progressive rate springs so they aren't going to be at the max most of the time.

Tokico Illuminas or the non adjustable blues?

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
So how are the pro-kits in terms of handling and pure function form? Also, I've read mixed reviews on taking out the ISO's. Some say take them out, others only take out the lower iso and leave the uppers?

Tokico Illuminas or the non adjustable blues?

I think the pro kit is a good way to go for a mix of form and function

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Think I'm gonna get the SVE springs and J&M c/c plates. The eibachs are more than I can afford right now and the SVE's give around the same drop. Anyone run the SVE's?

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
Think I'm gonna get the SVE springs and J&M c/c plates. The eibachs are more than I can afford right now and the SVE's give around the same drop. Anyone run the SVE's?

I looked into them, seems like they should drop you about the same as the pro kit and retain stock like ride quality.

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
I've had them probably 8 years now and I have zero complaints. my car has seen mostly street driving though, no competitive track or auto x yet, hopefully this year.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peasant99

Members online