Lowering Question :: How Low Should I Go?

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Sounds good. I'm getting sick of this terrible truck stance. Would the springs make the car not dive as much under hard braking?

Silver95

Reaction score
Are H&R Springs that much superior to the Eibachs? I heard that the H&R SS lowers just as much as Eibach SPORTLINES and the Eibach's ride better?

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
Are H&R Springs that much superior to the Eibachs? I heard that the H&R SS lowers just as much as Eibach SPORTLINES and the Eibach's ride better?

in my opinion they are based on H&R quality and spring rates. the super sports aren't rated as low as the sportlines as far as the coupe springs go but IMO they give a nicer stance and will have better ride quality and performance.

Silver95

Reaction score
I've seen pics of some HR's with no ISOs and the car is SLAMMED!

Aren't the H&R rates significantly higher than the sportlines?

2v_takeover

Reaction score
Yepp those are progressive. The ones that stay the same are specific

I'm lookin to grt an Eibach pro kit with J&M c/c plates I should be good with that combo right?

Believe it or not, I'm running the J&M CC plates and they've given me no trouble. Kinda hard to do with one set of hands though, good thing I've got 3 brothers.

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
^Sounds good lol. How do you like em? My mechanics gonna install the springs & cc plates for me. Eventually I'll get some tokico blue shocks & struts, sway bars and rear lca's to tie it all together

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
I've seen pics of some HR's with no ISOs and the car is SLAMMED!

Aren't the H&R rates significantly higher than the sportlines?

yes, sportlines are pretty similar to stock which I assume is not ideal when the car is lowered 2"

Slykin

Reaction score
I was actually told by MM that Sportlines are the same spring rate as stock. So no, it won't really reduce body roll unless you're on the bump stops.

Silver95

Reaction score
So, if you wanna retail the stock ride quality but just a lowered suspension, than get the sportlines....wouldnt be a bad idea for those that dont want a bone jarring ride ?

OP
OP
StangGrin

StangGrin

Reaction score
1.5" drop won't give you any problems at all.......here's mine @ 2" drop (also on 17s)
Nice...so what's you least amount of clearance under the car?

what size tires op?
Tires are 245/45R-17.

So, if you wanna retail the stock ride quality but just a lowered suspension, than get the sportlines....wouldnt be a bad idea for those that dont want a bone jarring ride ?
I was thinking of the Eibach Pros because I've read that they have a less jarring ride than the H&Rs. From all the replies here they sound rather close. Some favoring H&R and others Eibach. The stock ride I have now feels a little stiff, but I certainly wouldn't want it any softer with lowering.

OP
OP
StangGrin

StangGrin

Reaction score
My drop was about 2"+ in front and a good 1.5" on the rear. Since I have a vert I have an extra x-brace up front that on occasion scrapes, but otherwise no issues.
Cool...and that turned out really nice.

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
245/45's are'nt that tall of a tire but still tall enough for you to have decent clearance with only a 1.5" drop. tires a little under 26" so you're good dude.

Jnicho

Reaction score
BTW....that's H&R Super Sport springs for a vert with no ISO's anywhere. The vert springs are advertised to be a bit more drop than the coupe for some reason.

Silver95

Reaction score
From what I've seen, the Pro-Kit's dont drop worth a shit (In MY opinion) I don't get these "lowering" spring makers- If you're going to make a set of them, than do it proper. Anyone here ever notice how a BONE STOCK BMW sits? No, I am not a BMW fan by any stretch, but this is proper IMO.

H&R seem to lower real nice tho! But the rates seem very excessive.

Slykin

Reaction score
The reason BMW's are like that is because they have a proper suspension setup that allows for more bump-travel, where as when we lower our cars that much we run out of bump travel. Not to mention, BMW's better shocks/springs along with a proper spring placement to allow for greatest ride comfort while having a high spring rate. Our springs sit fairly far inwards on the A-Arm which gives it less leverage.. therefore you need a high spring rate to reduce body roll. That's why Coil-overs are so nice on our cars, it places the spring directly above the ball joint so that you effectively don't need as high of a spring rate to reduce body roll by an equal amount.

Silver95

Reaction score
You definitely know what's up! I agree, and it all makes sense, but still, I think it's nice to see a properly lowered car.

Slykin

Reaction score
I completely agree with you, that's why i'm trying to revise my suspension geometry lol.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peasant99

Members online