mini build thread *pic(1) added*

nesqwick_05

Reaction score
well been around for a little while, been gathering parts up and just thought i would let you guys in/ get some advice on some things.

well for right now mods are:
powerdyne 5lbs (fmu)
upr o/r xpipe
flowmaster c/b(yuck)
ford c springs
03 cobra wheels and bfgoodrich tires
s281 spoiler
pro 5.0 shifter
255lph fuel pump

and so far all things have been ok but ive been wanting more power, better handling, a louder sound and an all around more fun car.

so over the past couple weeks ive been ordering small things here and there
coming:
24lb injectors with 80mm maf (recieved)
pi intake (in the mail)
pi cams (have)
4.10 or 3.73s (havnt decided)
new catback (help!)
2.70 pulley (in the mail)
sniper tune (need to order)
75 wet nx shot (in my buddies garage)

so with all these parts for the most part picked out i need help on a few things like
deciding on a catback?
suspension? what springs should i go with seeing as i dont really care for my c springs?
anything else i should consider buying?

ill keep you guys updated on what goes on with the car over the next couple weeks and will have some fresh cleaned up pics for you guys here soon (old ones where kind of sh!tty and the car was dirty).
i have a feeling this project will be getting really indepth within the next 6-12 months (looking to go turbo eventually :dancing6:) but your guy's opinions are very welcome.

mean green

Reaction score
Re: mini build thread

well i would diff get a intake TRICKFLOW as far as the nx kit i dont think you would need it but thats just me :dunno:far as catback MAC with a DR.gas x pipe sick sounding and for springs i dont know b/c i dont know what you are going for and gook luck with it O0

FST-HUH

Reaction score

sounds like it's gonna be a beast. Post some pics soon. 8)

OP
OP
N

nesqwick_05

Reaction score

mean green said:
well i would diff get a intake TRICKFLOW as far as the nx kit i dont think you would need it but thats just me :dunno:far as catback MAC with a DR.gas x pipe sick sounding and for springs i dont know b/c i dont know what you are going for and gook luck with it O0

ive read people loosing power with the trick flow. and the nx will be used 100% track only(i dont have any use for it out side of the track) and i was thinking slp loudmouth 1 or 2 for the catback, and dont really care much for the sound of mac (sounds too much like flows and i dont like my flows anymore). and i guess i shoulda put this in my initial post, im looking for a lower stance(like h&rs), but wana get the suspension setup for both the street and the track...

mean green

Reaction score

nes said:
mean green said:

ive read people loosing power with the trick flow. and the nx will be used 100% track only(i dont have any use for it out side of the track) and i was thinking slp loudmouth 1 or 2 for the catback, and dont really care much for the sound of mac (sounds too much like flows and i dont like my flows anymore). and i guess i shoulda put this in my initial post, im looking for a lower stance(like h&rs), but wana get the suspension setup for both the street and the track...
i dont know how you think MAC sounds like flows :nonono:and yes h&rs would be good

OP
OP
N

nesqwick_05

Reaction score

pulley, and intake just arrived, will be going on tonight if all goes well...

94darkhorse

Legend
Reaction score

I love my H&R SS, nice and low, but if you want lower than that go with Sportlines. If you go with either of these I would suggest new fox length shocks and struts. If you go to the track much get some adj. LCA's. Otherwise your list looks like your heading down the right road.

OP
OP
N

nesqwick_05

Reaction score

things didnt go well tonight, didnt get the gaskets so nothing got done, and pics will come shortly...

94 DropTop

Reaction score

Dont worry guys its a turd.lol J/k I have my 1 chamber dump's if you would trade it for you cat back. dont know if the hangers are the same though. Magnaflow owns slp anyday. If you must go with slp do the LM2. I know a guy that is selling some saleen racecraft springs for like 100. good luck with it man.

OP
OP
N

nesqwick_05

Reaction score

IMAGE_006.jpg

just thought i would tease a little bit...

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score

nes said:
IMAGE_006.jpg

Is that your new engine and tranny???

:rollinglaugh:

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score

TRUUBLE said:
nes said:
IMAGE_006.jpg

Is that your new engine and tranny???

:rollinglaugh:

New carburetor belt and muffler bearings would be my guess.

5.0Gt-Neal

Reaction score

nes said:
some lowering spring filters and blinker fluid

:lol: :lol: :lol: that must be why my stang wont run, forgot those essential parts

94 DropTop

Reaction score
I can price match the cat-back for ya. just get me a part number. that way you dont have to pay shipping, and we can usually get them shipped with next day. let me know

Downshift

Reaction score
94 DropTop said:
I can price match the cat-back for ya. just get me a part number. that way you dont have to pay shipping, and we can usually get them shipped with next day. let me know

Dont you work at Autozone? Who are you able to price match to?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JohnnyOctane

Staff online