My sn95 isn’t running with the spout unplugged

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
And you have corrected the timing with a timng light?

This of course is with the assumption your balancer and pointer are correct.

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
Musturd pointed out that your balancer rubber insulater is worn out falling out
Did you correct that

Last edited:
OP
OP
jacobn4056.

jacobn4056.

Reaction score
That isn’t something I’ll be going into with the engine in the car. Engine problems would be noticeable

OP
OP
jacobn4056.

jacobn4056.

Reaction score
You think so?
I can’t even see the timing on this engine.
But I have a $50 performance tool light that doesn’t like my wires at all. So I’m by no means sure this is bad. I’m not having any performance issues from the way it feels.

OP
OP
jacobn4056.

jacobn4056.

Reaction score
I’m not stuck in a timing issue. I have it running just right on Rod Langleys gasoline.
But my light and marks are useless.
The way I am about it with the cleaning and buffing I need to do in the engine bay I would rather build an oem 302 than change that balancer.

OP
OP
jacobn4056.

jacobn4056.

Reaction score
Y’all on second thought that balancer is only $30 on rock. The time I’ll run on this 302 is worth that replacement. I don’t have a vibration problem or constant noise. But it makes sense that I’ve noticed the noise on the hardest it will run

Last edited:
OP
OP
jacobn4056.

jacobn4056.

Reaction score
Something I’m not seeing on the replacements are the rubber ears sticking out. Is there something I’m misunderstanding here?

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Something I’m not seeing on the replacements are the rubber ears sticking out. Is there something I’m misunderstanding here?

The rubber sticking out that you see on yours is bad ? You’re not supposed to see that . The balancer on your car is in really bad shape and could come off at anytime .

OP
OP
jacobn4056.

jacobn4056.

Reaction score
Mustard pointed out that your balancer rubber insulater is worn out falling out
Did you correct that

Sorry fellows -When I was first discussing the timing i only took into account the way I have it running. It doesn’t skip a beat.
Thanks for telling me what you know.
After all I asked for your opinion.
It all didn’t register in my mind.

OP
OP
jacobn4056.

jacobn4056.

Reaction score
The rubber sticking out that you see on yours is bad ? You’re not supposed to see that . The balancer on your car is in really bad shape and could come off at anytime .
Sorry fellows -When I was first discussing the timing i only took into account the way I have it running. It doesn’t skip a beat.
Thanks for telling me what you know.
After all I asked for your opinion.
It all didn’t register in my mind.

OP
OP
jacobn4056.

jacobn4056.

Reaction score
I have all the pulleys and a new belt I saved. I think I will only do an oem replacement. I’m not putting any upgrades on this engine as it sits. I plan to clean tarnish under the hood.
Or have a identical swap ready
So I just want to have it driving atm.
Has been running
I see sporty balancers online and I’m gonna dodge them for now.
What do you know?

Attachments

• IMG_2368.jpeg
    IMG_2368.jpeg
    150.7 KB · Views: 6
OP
OP
jacobn4056.

jacobn4056.

Reaction score
Gotcha.
Man from what I knew about that particular part (which is nothing) I thought it was normal. And supposed to be all the way around. From the way I took others explaining

OP
OP
jacobn4056.

jacobn4056.

Reaction score
Wow. I feel like a dumb ass this evening like never before
I think now I have a clearer understanding of timing

OP
OP
jacobn4056.

jacobn4056.

Reaction score
Y’all when I got this car running I took it straight to UA working on a degree.
For my career
Came to the End of a lease on a new Honda that I started driving while working for Tractor Supply Co. I needed it At Bama.
I’ve had the old girl performing. And it’s in good shape considering. But I imagine that balancer started then. Possibly the trip.
It doesn’t rattle. No excessive vibration.
Smoother than I would imagine a immediate tear down.

If anyone knows something I don’t concerning this and related I need to learn it. And hear of it. Now. Has anyone had catastrophes involving that thing.?

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Y’all when I got this car running I took it straight to UA working on a degree.
For my career
Came to the End of a lease on a new Honda that I started driving while working for Tractor Supply Co. I needed it At Bama.
I’ve had the old girl performing. And it’s in good shape considering. But I imagine that balancer started then. Possibly the trip.
It doesn’t rattle. No excessive vibration.
Smoother than I would imagine a immediate tear down.

If anyone knows something I don’t concerning this and related I need to learn it. And hear of it. Now. Has anyone had catastrophes involving that thing.?

yes if the balancer lets go it can take out a bunch of things . The cars probably detonating under load and you don’t even know it .

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Yes detonation . From the timing not being correct . I’m speaking from experience of myself being in your shoes 20 years ago as a guy who just learning . I Thought my car was fine I had an older mustang guy spot the balancer being warn out on my car we replaced it and re set the timing properly and what a difference .

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online