SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
“Ya can’t fix stupid”!

OP
OP
jacobn4056.

jacobn4056.

Reaction score
Listen to what these guys are telling you. RAU, Musturd etc…. these guys are no joke. They know their stuff. I’ve learned a TON from everyone here. So if they tell you you need a new balancer and whatever else…. Then get it!

Even I (a novice at one time like yourself now) know how critical the balancer is: it basically keeps the bottom end of your motor from destroying itself ( crank, pistons, rods, etc). And I know this because I listened to these guys. They’re trying to save your ass, son!

P.S.- we don’t need to see pictures of your room! That’s just weird.
That’s not my room. My room is at the University. sorry you feel that way

OP
OP
jacobn4056.

jacobn4056.

Reaction score
Your timing isn’t perfect or the car would run with the spout unplugged.

You have no idea what your timing is because you can’t read the timing marks because your balancer has spun because the rubber is clearly coming out of it in the picture you posted of it.

The problems the motor might be having have nothing to do with the failed balancer and everything to do with the timing being off.

The guys on this forum are SN95 hardcore through and through. I’ve been here since I was 17 and I’ll be 33 this year and I’ve only went maybe 6 months without a 94/95 car since I joined. We know these cars. We are telling you the steps to take to fix the exact problems you’re having and you’re spending more time arguing because your parents worked in auto parts. I’ve got a decade in auto parts and know firsthand that most parts people don’t know how to work on cars. That’s ok- that’s why you’re here asking and that’s why we are trying to help.

You’re more than welcome to ignore our help, continue posting weird questions in different sections of the forums like we can’t see them all, but just be prepared to get flamed. We want to help but we are all massive assholes right below the surface.
My parents didn’t only work in auto parts.
I don’t really have parrents.
I’ve never messed with a harmonic balancer.
Before I could afford college auto parts is all I’ve ever done. it is all I’ve ever done.

Last edited:
OP
OP
jacobn4056.

jacobn4056.

Reaction score
I’m done here.
I’ve said what’s so and y’all are still pointing at that balancer that’s on the way. Have a good day.
Stupid is as Stupid does and I’m beginning to wonder if I belong here

Last edited:

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
You clearly don’t belong here . You don’t listen and aren’t willing to learn .

OP
OP
jacobn4056.

jacobn4056.

Reaction score
My goal in life is to learn. I don’t think you’ve read

OP
OP
jacobn4056.

jacobn4056.

Reaction score
I did check it. There’s no sign whatsoever it’s going bad except some of the ears. Mine had ears. But the rubber is still behind them. Those ears that do nothing are broken off. It’s old. And truly worth the replacement.
It is affecting performance in a way most wouldn’t even notice

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
If your not going to take the advice that was given and just try it
you haven't even made an attempt to pull it inspect it
if you cant do that simple task

tumblr_n2pgitiHs11tw1vhco1_500.gif

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
I did check it. There’s no sign whatsoever it’s going bad except some of the ears. Mine had ears. But the rubber is still behind them. Those ears that do nothing are broken off. It’s old. And truly worth the replacement.
It is affecting performance in a way most wouldn’t even notice
Those are signs it’s going bad the rubbers pushing out the back . I’m done trying to help you . You can’t help people that want to argue and think they know better . The rubber ears coming out the back is signs the balancer is falling apart .

OP
OP
jacobn4056.

jacobn4056.

Reaction score
thanks for the tip. I don’t doubt it needs to be replaced. I have the part coming. I just checked for wobble and there is none. Belt on or off.

OP
OP
jacobn4056.

jacobn4056.

Reaction score
Under load, free, I looked at it so many posts ago. People started in on me

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
96Mustang4.6GT