need suspension ideas.

vermilion

Legend
Reaction score
well since were all on the cheap and it breaks thing. dont buy a mustang. dont buy anything economically savvy on your budget. fuck dont even buy a geo metro or a kia optima. do not buy anything man-made. it all breaks. nah scratch that. if you want SVE springs or control arms because it doesnt break your wallet. go for it.

i vouch for KYB struts and shocks being an economical approach. i vouch for steeda springs. ive never had an issue with neither when i used them.

akaslick15

Reaction score
and if you wanna go crazy just buy stiffer spring coils like 40 bucks a pair maybe cheaper ..on a budget a 1000 bucks for the kit is good ...

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
is it worth the money to spend the extra cash to get adjustable shocks? I like the idea of being able to adjust the ride quality but how easy are they to adjust and how easy are they to screw up?

Steve-Oh

Legend
Reaction score
Depends on what your budget it... in my opinion full MM coilovers on bilstein struts/shocks would be "the best". That's expensive though.

According to a Maximum Motorsports tech, their rear coilovers are highly NOT recommended for street use. They recommend going front coil over only and leaving the rear aftermarket

shocks/springs in place. In my case it was H&R Supersports with Bilstein shocks. With this being said it doesn't make sense for the Original Poster to go buy four springs to only use two of them. Not saying you can't go searching on-line for rear springs BUT I'm sure a spring/shock/strut upgrade will be plenty enough for his intentions!
occasion14.gif

Steve-Oh

Legend
Reaction score
is it worth the money to spend the extra cash to get adjustable shocks? I like the idea of being able to adjust the ride quality but how easy are they to adjust and how easy are they to screw up?

I've never personally had them on my car but a friend of mine did and NEVER adjusted them after he set them. Almost seems pointless unless you're regularly racing a car.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
that would probably be the case for me as well but the ability to set it the way you like it, rather then being stuck with what you get is what you get is what I like the sound of. Its not like buying speakers or other gear where you can listen to see if you liked how it sounds. other then price and what people tell me I have no idea what I will get for my money and I do not want to be stuck with a ride that I do not like.....

OP
OP
B

bigjonsrt

Reaction score
I was gonna ask the same thing ttocs.. I don't want to be stock with something I hate. I have had my car all most a year but haven't done a single thing to it yet and just asking you guys everything before I start modding.

I think right now I'm going with H&R springs the rest is still in the air and also trying to figure out a K member that I won't have to modify anything to make it fit.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
sounds like we are looking for the same thing. With my mother being the original owner I am never planning on selling mine so I do not want to buy something that I will not be happy with.

duh09

Legend
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I like the idea of adjustable shocks and I'm leaning towards a set of SA Koni's when I start building my suspension for my car since at this point, it's my autocross pig and I drive it to events. Adjustment on most shocks is pretty straight forward, usually have a little screw sorta deal on top of the strut that you can twist for softer or firmer settings. Soft for riding back and forth and firm it up for the track/ hooligans/ more aggresive driving.

OP
OP
B

bigjonsrt

Reaction score
sounds like we are looking for the same thing. With my mother being the original owner I am never planning on selling mine so I do not want to buy something that I will not be happy with.
I'll probably never get rid of mine. There are a couple of things that i hate about about it and thought I would be ok with it when I bought it but if i do my homework I think I can fix it.

OP
OP
B

bigjonsrt

Reaction score
I like the idea of adjustable shocks and I'm leaning towards a set of SA Koni's when I start building my suspension for my car since at this point, it's my autocross pig and I drive it to events. Adjustment on most shocks is pretty straight forward, usually have a little screw sorta deal on top of the strut that you can twist for softer or firmer settings. Soft for riding back and forth and firm it up for the track/ hooligans/ more aggresive driving.
Your reason for having adjustables makes 100% sense to me. I'll never race my car more then a few times. I the kind that will set it to ride and handle well and set my marks.

robb15033

Reaction score
Using the car as a daily driver only, I think you would be most satisfied with any quality springs but most importantly highest quality shocks & struts. A soft reaction to a pothole ect.. but most importantly the rebound being under comfortable control. Update us and let us know how things turn out. The suspension has been the most amount of time vested in a mod but has been the most rewarding hands down.

OP
OP
B

bigjonsrt

Reaction score
I have to figure it out soon I have a hell of a popping sound coming from the rear when i hit a bump. I thought i blew a shock but if i bounce the car it doesn't make the sound.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online

No members online now.