Post A Pic Of Your Latest Purchase Thread...

r3dn3ck

Reaction score
2013 Boss 5.0 Connecting rods. Just $388 with tax and shipping. I'm starting to wonder if factory Mach 1 pistons might not be a good option. The only power adder it'll ever see is nitrous and only maybe around 150 shot max probably closer to a 75-100hp shot. One starts to wonder about the utility of forged, even just 4032. In 3 weeks I order most of what I have left to get. Then decide about things where I have to make choices like new valves, lash adjusters, followers, cams, springs, fasteners. Then I have to deal with measuring for bearing clearances and I can finally order the bearings and get to assembly. I did manage to secure a clean room to do the assembly in which I can occupy for a few months. It had to be a clean room and with tightly atmospheric controlled conditions because I'll leave the thing in various states of partial assembly repeatedly during the process just because of logistics.

1705852894687.png

r3dn3ck

Reaction score
Yep. If the tune is good and one steers clear of progressive controllers that beat the seats out of solenoids it should never be a problem as long as a window switch is there to keep the low RPM intake grenade thing from being a problem. I wonder how mcuch I'd have to take off of the deck and the head to keep a stock HG thickness and land at 11:1 with factory mach 1 pistons...We're talking about just a few CC's. I wonder if it's possible.

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
Those tourniquets are awesome. We got those on my second deployment, they are super easy to use and very effective.

Are those the quick clot bandages?

r3dn3ck

Reaction score
Those tourniquets are awesome. We got those on my second deployment, they are super easy to use and very effective.

Are those the quick clot bandages?
No, but I do keep a pack of celox granules and 2x bigass quick-clot bandages in my kit. They just haven't aged out from the last time I refreshed them. The big packet in the pic is just a standard large size hemorrhage control gauze. I find it easier to use than an Israeli bandage for big holes that don't involve arterial bleeds.

I've tried RAT, CAT, SOF-T, SWAT-T and TK-4 and so far I like the CAT type the best. For the untrained I would recommend the SWAT-T because it's just so hard to screw up the application and it's the almost impossible for it to cause any nerve damage.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlmobile636

Members online