Rio Red 98 GT Build

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
so she’s really flying now . That’s deadly , 10 psi behind a coyote must be insane . I added 2 degrees to the timing table through out . Going to replace the coil and go testing again .

98snakehorse

Reaction score
I have that same Apline stereo in my pickup. Its got its quirks but has been pretty good the 4 years or so I had it. I also bought the $45 dollar no name version off amazon and it preforms surprisingly similar.

OP
OP
lwarrior1016

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
I have that same Apline stereo in my pickup. Its got its quirks but has been pretty good the 4 years or so I had it. I also bought the $45 dollar no name version off amazon and it preforms surprisingly similar.
What kind of quirks have you noticed? I haven’t had any issues yet. I did have to get the bypass module for it, so it didn’t have to have a park brake input

OP
OP
lwarrior1016

lwarrior1016

Staff
Reaction score
Troubleshooting this evening has shown that only one fuel pump is working. The controller is putting out power, but no pump action.

Apparently, if you have dual pumps, the live pump can backfeed the dead pump and over pressure the check valve in the pump. That will bleed off pressure right in to the tank.

98snakehorse

Reaction score

What kind of quirks have you noticed? I haven’t had any issues yet. I did have to get the bypass module for it, so it didn’t have to have a park brake input

If you use it for Apple Carplay it would occasionally not connect and you would have to reboot it to get it to work. Also the audio quality would vary sometimes when it connects, where I would have to disconnect and then reconnect to get the quality back. If using Bluetooth it preforms pretty well.

OP
OP
lwarrior1016

lwarrior1016

Staff
Reaction score

If you use it for Apple Carplay it would occasionally not connect and you would have to reboot it to get it to work. Also the audio quality would vary sometimes when it connects, where I would have to disconnect and then reconnect to get the quality back. If using Bluetooth it preforms pretty well.
Interesting. So, mine doesn’t even have apply CarPlay. Well, it might, but not wireless. I’ll have to check that out

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EdgarR213

Members online