Swords Evolution

OP
OP
hotmustang95

hotmustang95

Reaction score
Things get interesting when I get board. And since my thread here has been quite for some time I feel it's time to play around with the car so I got a question for you guys. Should I paint my 4 point yellow? The latest thing Ive been doing is to paint all my suspension and body stiffening parts yellow. Ive alway wanted the yellow MM suspension parts so when I started upgrading my suspension I repainted it all yellow. I want people to see the good shit. I think that it'll match with the rest of the stuff. Whatcha guys think?

OP
OP
hotmustang95

hotmustang95

Reaction score
Late Model Restoration is having a 15% sale on all SVE parts and 10% on everything else so I pulled the trigger on a new SVE aluminum radiator. $165 free shipping. Can't beat that.

ReplicaR

Reaction score
[MENTION=19482]B.mad[/MENTION] has some wonderful experience with SVE radiator. He'll tell you all about it.

ReplicaR

Reaction score
I went through the whole cheap radiator experiment, and it never worked out for me for some reason. I even had an expensive locally built radiator, which had a small core. At the end I went with Ron Davis radiator and during recent tests, it performed superbly. The highest temp I saw during the test was 205 degrees. Granted, it was during cold weather (I think ambient air was 60-70 degrees), but it was on a very slow track. As soon as I found myself going over 60 mph, I would actually see the temps drop. My previous radiator was insufficient even in the similar conditions. I would find myself doing cool down laps half way through the session, with temps reaching as far as 240 degrees, before I had to back out of it.

Part of the reason why the radiator works so well is because of it's sheer size. This thing is massive, pushing boundaries in every direction. The other part is due to the core design, where it has more fins per inch than most radiators out there. My previous radiator had 14 fins per inch, where as Ron Davis radiator core has 18. It may not seem like much, but in percentages, it's about 25% more cooling capacity, and it's more evident at high speed tracks.

OP
OP
hotmustang95

hotmustang95

Reaction score
I ran a Fluidyn for about 5 years with great results until it sprung a leak. I replaced it with a stock rad which Ive been using for the past year. My rad is boxed in and i have a GT500 hood vent to help. Its done a decent job of cooling but I wanted an aluminum unit like I once had. We'll see how it last.

ReplicaR

Reaction score
I've had a Fluidyne, but unfortunately had to get rid of it for the same issue. Mine started to leak. I would say that it still ran hotter with Fluidyne than it did with the Ron Davis radiator. I'm also VERY surprised that a stock radiator (even boxed in and vented) does a decent job for you, considering that you live in hot humid hell.

wmfateam

Reaction score
Arizona summer racer here with a Second Generation Mishimoto. I run a radiator lower scoop, boxed sides and top. I have also removed the fan from behind the radiator. The lower radiator scoop was by far my best engine mod. Also adds front down force.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
The radiator is ok at best. It does its job. Had mine for a little under a year, and it sprung a leak. Right side, near the tanks. Emailed LMR and talked to the representative, who asked for photos, and i provided them photos. They asked for photos that show the leak (which is impossible if its single frame photo), told them so, and they said ok thats fine, we can change it for this time. After speaking with the rep, i chose to pay for a new unit, received it, destroy the original one, and get a refund. Did so, sent photos, i get a refund for $145, which is what i paid for the original one on a black friday sale. Confused, because i understood that i would get refunded for the $220 i paid for the exchange. Turns out, thats how not it works. If you got it on sale, and warranty it, you pay the difference. I was PO, and the rep was trying his hardest, but the managers didnt care. And their warranty online does not state that you need to pay for the difference. But they "met me half way" and gave me half of the difference. So, good luck. When i build my motor, i am going for the Ron Davis unit. Those are so much better and nicer.

ReplicaR

Reaction score
Either that's a really tiny radiator, or a very large fan.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
The radiator is ok at best. It does its job. Had mine for a little under a year, and it sprung a leak. Right side, near the tanks. Emailed LMR and talked to the representative, who asked for photos, and i provided them photos. They asked for photos that show the leak (which is impossible if its single frame photo), told them so, and they said ok thats fine, we can change it for this time. After speaking with the rep, i chose to pay for a new unit, received it, destroy the original one, and get a refund. Did so, sent photos, i get a refund for $145, which is what i paid for the original one on a black friday sale. Confused, because i understood that i would get refunded for the $220 i paid for the exchange. Turns out, thats how not it works. If you got it on sale, and warranty it, you pay the difference. I was PO, and the rep was trying his hardest, but the managers didnt care. And their warranty online does not state that you need to pay for the difference. But they "met me half way" and gave me half of the difference. So, good luck. When i build my motor, i am going for the Ron Davis unit. Those are so much better and nicer.

This is why I love my mishimoto. First one was their original design and sprung a leak, paid for shipping and they sent my new one(latest design) no questions asked and they told me to junk my old one. Second lasted 3 years wi h no issue till I tore my car apart and I busted it. Same thing tho, I pay shipping and they will send me a new one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
This is why I love my mishimoto. First one was their original design and sprung a leak, paid for shipping and they sent my new one(latest design) no questions asked and they told me to junk my old one. Second lasted 3 years wi h no issue till I tore my car apart and I busted it. Same thing tho, I pay shipping and they will send me a new one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

should have gotten that one instead. I think its so effin stupid that they made me pay the difference. I wouldnt mind paying for shipping, but whatever. it is what it is.

OP
OP
hotmustang95

hotmustang95

Reaction score
Either that's a really tiny radiator, or a very large fan.

Lol bigass fan. It's from a new edge. Don't know what year. Very cheap at the junk yard. Plus it's plug and play being it has the same connector. I just cut all the extra plastic off the sides.

Firefighter181

Reaction score
Lol bigass fan.

Thought it may be from these guys :). That is a pretty big fan though...

big-ass-fans-logo.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Srchop16

Members online