Took over a started project

asandwich

Reaction score
I took over a started build of a 96 Cobra. The PO had hydro locked the motor and bent a rod, he started collecting parts and ran out of $. He had moved the battery to the trunk, deleted abs, cats, egr, air pump. The car now has a V1 vortech, ported c-head swap with adapter for b-head upper lid, blow thru MAF, headers, new accessories (alt, wp, ps pump) Todd Warren cams and a newly rebuild bottom end. I have an appt on the 27th to take it over to the tuner, but should it a least try and run? Has the stock tune and for now the stock injectors in it until I see what it needs. It will fire and die after a second or two, I can baby the throttle and it will run but wont attempt to idle. I was hoping to make sure it would at least move before I took it over is all I want to do. I checked TPS sensor last night, has a new IAC, I planned on hooking it up o a smoke test it for vacuum leaks just to rule that out. After reading some post I'm going to verify the engine has proper grounding since the battery relocation, the battery light does stay on while I feather the throttle may or may not be connected. I'm fully aware it could be the lack of a tune with all the changes as well, just double checking.

Thanks!

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
I think you are on the right track! The tuner will most definitely find an issue if its there.

OP
OP
asandwich

asandwich

Reaction score
It has been a challenge, lots of googling pics and stuff. Most f it was apart and in boxes so I had no idea where stuff was or went. Plus it was my 1st mod motor and computer controlled car. Everything prior was carbs and pushrods.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online