Bought a stalled 95 GT project

• Thread starter Deleted per request
  • Start date
D

Deleted per request

I enjoy reading the builds that happen so here is mine on this 95 GT that I picked up where the complete top end was off for 3 yearsish. Guy lost interest and had to move when I swept in and bought it, a little bit of a crap shoot but thought there were enough new parts to get my cash back if it was a bust. It came with GT40P heads and intake, MAC headers, new 70mm throttle body, cold air intake, new cam with roller lifters, all the gaskets to but back together. All the original stuff came with it as well and new tires on the original wheels too.
IMG_1214.jpgIMG_1216.jpgIMG_1220.jpgIMG_1221.jpgIMG_1223.jpgIMG_1224.jpg
So once i cleaned out the pistons with the vac, air and then wiped oil in each cylinder until they came up clean, I threw the rebuilt heads on(new TF springs) and just set the rest to see what it would look like. Headers had to be clearanced on cylinder #3 runner for the reg. plug to fit. Needing to get ARP header bolts to finish install.
thumbnail.jpg

Attachments

• thumbnail (1).jpg
    thumbnail (1).jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 34
Last edited by a moderator:

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Nice find . should be fun when it’s all together

OP
OP
D

Deleted per request

Thanks guys, a bit of a delay for now as life just got in the way with some health issues......iching to get back at it soon!

OP
OP
D

Deleted per request

All in with the car and an additional set of stock rims and new tires......$4000 CDN. Too much?

OP
OP
D

Deleted per request

Won't know until I get it up and running. The body has a new paint job, interior is real clean, glass is good so with the tires and rims, new clutch i think it would still be worth rebuilding the bottom end if it needed to be.

OP
OP
D

Deleted per request

Well finally got back on the GT and was successful getting the MAC equal length headers to fit after clearancing the #4 cylinder plug. All other plugs will install easily with standard spark plug socket while this one will need a shortened one and angle plug. Pulled lifters and cam ready to install new cam and roller lifters once they finish soaking.
thumbnail (2).jpgthumbnail (3).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
D

Deleted per request

Well our warm weather has left and now we are at -41*C, even for us that's cold!!!!
So a little time on the GT got the cam in, lifters, pushrods/rockers and timing chain installed.
Need to set the lash and torque down the rockers yet. Didn't realize that groves on the pivot bolt and rocker need to be lined up, so need to check those as I go.
thumbnail (4).jpg

OP
OP
D

Deleted per request

So when setting the lash on the rockers, the intake set as per usual but i found that most of the exhaust seemed a little loose. They did tighten up once I torqued them down to 20 lbs. @ 1/2-3/4 turns. First thought is I would need longer pushrods but I only soaked the lifters for 3 days in oil and thought maybe I should pressurize the oil system and then relash the rockers, any thoughts on that or what I should do??

OP
OP
D

Deleted per request

Getting the lifters pressurized, you don't think will help then?

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
what cam are you running
and the only way you would be able to pressurize a lifter is to prime the engine.
there is a tool to measure push rods
i will be doing this myself because of the cam i chose.

OP
OP
D

Deleted per request

I'm running the TSF 51403001. intake lift .499 exhaust lift .510.
I have the pushrod measuring tool but I was under the impression I would have been good with stock pushrods and rockers with this cam???

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online

No members online now.