Trubble's Build Thread - NITROUS INSTALL!!!!!!

OP
OP
T

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
Re: Trubble's Build Thread - ENGINE UPDATE!!!!!!

realitygt said:
i know some ricers who can't go that high rofl

It's all in the valvetrain . . :boink:

OP
OP
T

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score

Snakebit said:
thats one HELL of a train you have O0

That's what SHE said!! :pimp:

S

scarface

WOO WOO!!!! O0

Hellion94

Reaction score

Nice..

Your cam > Our Hydraulic Roller...lame

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score

you gonna get some videos once the cam is installed Tad? id like to hear your car like up close... not from the grandstands. how bout a video from your house or your shop, w/e the car is..

and can't wait to see you rock into the nines much less the 8's! you have mucho grand bawls to be running 8's... i think id be scared.. i wouldn't know for sure though.

Black97GT

Post Whore
Reaction score

I wanna hear that new cam too! It's gonna sound :pimp: for sure. Your car will scream for sure (not like it already doesnt..).

OP
OP
T

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score

[TxCobrA98 said:
]
you gonna get some videos once the cam is installed Tad? id like to hear your car like up close... not from the grandstands. how bout a video from your house or your shop, w/e the car is..

and can't wait to see you rock into the nines much less the 8's! you have mucho grand bawls to be running 8's... i think id be scared.. i wouldn't know for sure though.

Yeah . . . I'll get some vid of the thumpity thumpity thumpity . . lol

8s are just gonna be plain fun. :boink:

SgtMike said:
I wanna hear that new cam too! It's gonna sound :pimp: for sure. Your car will scream for sure (not like it already doesnt..).

I'll prolly get some in car video so you can hear it at the top end. It sounds pretty violent from inside. 8)

BTW, it looks like the motor is going to be done in time for me to get it on the track before Pinks. So, I should have that elusive 9 second slip next weekend.

95Grandtouring5.0

Reaction score

TRUUBLE said:
[TxCobrA98 said:
]

Yeah . . . I'll get some vid of the thumpity thumpity thumpity . . lol

8s are just gonna be plain fun. :boink:

SgtMike said:

I'll prolly get some in car video so you can hear it at the top end. It sounds pretty violent from inside. 8)

BTW, it looks like the motor is going to be done in time for me to get it on the track before Pinks. So, I should have that elusive 9 second slip next weekend.

I didnt both read all the 17 pages of this thread, but running a 9.70 on motor, then claiming to be able to run a 8.50 with nitrous seems a litttle far-fetched. Even with a 500horse fogger and revving it unbelievably that high.

OP
OP
T

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score

95Grandtouring5.0 said:
I didnt both read all the 17 pages of this thread, but running a 9.70 on motor, then claiming to be able to run a 8.50 with nitrous seems a litttle far-fetched. Even with a 500horse fogger and revving it unbelievably that high.

I'm just going by what Mike (the owner of nitrous express) told me when I bought the kit. Mike has been spraying alky cars for years with excellent results and says that alky reacts to nitrous better than gasoline does. The kit is a 300 shot Gemini Alky Dominator Plate.

As far as gearing, I've done the math and it'll get there on the 3.73s if I have the power to do it. 7800 rpm gets me about 170mph on a 28 inch tire.

But . . it's all just blah blah blah until I hit the button. :boink:

Hicks

Reaction score

TRUUBLE said:
95Grandtouring5.0 said:

I'm just going by what Mike (the owner of nitrous express) told me when I bought the kit. Mike has been spraying alky cars for years with excellent results and says that alky reacts to nitrous better than gasoline does. The kit is a 300 shot Gemini Alky Dominator Plate.

As far as gearing, I've done the math and it'll get there on the 3.73s if I have the power to do it. 7800 rpm gets me about 170mph on a 28 inch tire.

But . . it's all just blah blah blah until I hit the button. :boink:

Be careful and have fun bro! :thumb:

OP
OP
T

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score

Hicks said:
Be careful and have fun bro! :thumb:

I promise to do both. :boink:

OP
OP
T

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score

Ahhhhhhh . . a new home!! :dancing6:

trav_19

Legend
Reaction score

wow tad....so whats new any updates?? will it get done soon??

hopefully your car wont cross that barrier where the fun stops and it becomes a project and every pass requires a tear down and blah blah blah....let us know whats going on...

OP
OP
T

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score

tRaV_19 said:
wow tad....so whats new any updates?? will it get done soon??

hopefully your car wont cross that barrier where the fun stops and it becomes a project and every pass requires a tear down and blah blah blah....let us know whats going on...

The pistons were sent from JE to Scat this week. Scat is supposed to have the rotating assembly balanced and delivered to my engine builder by Friday. If all goes perfectly, I'll get the motor back on Tuesday . . . but I'm thinking it's going to be more like Wednesday.

Then . . all I have to do is throw the motor back in the car in time to leave for Tucson at 5:00 a.m. Friday.

It's all good. :bunny3:

Hicks

Reaction score

Nice!! Vids!

trav_19

Legend
Reaction score

what page are the videos on??

also what about the paint?? are you done already??

OP
OP
T

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score

Beginning with the nitrous:

index.php

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JohnnyOctane

Members online