Weight Reduction List

97 king cobra

Reaction score
Venom351R said:
:dontknow: so whats it weigh? :dontknow:

Ive been doing soo much to it lately that i havnt been to the track in a while!!! Last time it weighed 2950 with stock suspension including k member, still had a/c, p/s, and passsenger seat. Since then ive done the suspension and got rid of the rest. Should be close to 2800 easily.

97 king cobra

Reaction score
I will try to put everything in this response but i know ill forget some.

First of all its a gt-s, so its already got manual seats, windows, no cruise control, no spoiler, no rear defrost, lame sound system, cloth seats, etc.

I removed all the car in the car
removed jack/spare, etc
removed all interior panels
removed rear seats
removed all stereo equip
removed rear and passenger seat belts
removed passenger seat
removed center console
removed side skirts
big's n littles
tubular front suspension
removed a/c components
o/r x-pipe saved like 25 lbs
removed smog crap
removed front and rear sway bars
exhaust dumps right b4 the axel
removed srut tower brace
removed glove box
removed dogbone
alum driveshaft
coilovers in the front

The list goes on and on. I want to keep my door panels. The only real savings left is alum heads. But ill gain the weight back with the massive turbo system thats going in.

Venom351R

Legend
Reaction score
thats a good list, Ive done some of that or will be doing some of it in a few months but also there are things I dont want to do such as the glove box and center console. If it was just a strip car I would not care. Im anxious to see how much weight it does drop after I do the things that I have planned for this spring. I also want to get a set of Corbeau CR1 seats and get rid of the leather power seats but that might not happen until later on this year.

97 king cobra

Reaction score
I bought an aftermarket summit racing seat a while ago, after installing the brackets and cover it came out to only being like 8-10lbs lighter. I kept my stock cloth seat as that thing is super comfy!!

But yea this is a full drag car. My track is laid back about tech on test n tune nights so i can get away with no cage and the regular seat belt. But i wont be able to take it to any big events until some more safety stuff is done.

MARKCORE

Reaction score
Will removing the inner fender liners, the plastic tubs or whatever, cause any sort of drag or something I'm missing.

I'f not, mine are coming OUT!!

97 king cobra

Reaction score
They weigh like nothing......And they help protect your car from the shit that flys up from ur tires...

MARKCORE

Reaction score
Did someone mention the rubber like material in the front under the dash?

And what about the alarm system. I want to take mine out but don't want to kill the car either. What has to be done to remove that? ...search the "How to" post now...

97 king cobra

Reaction score
I just weighed my old k member, a arms, and front springs. I saved a solid 65 lbs when i went to the upr k member, a arms, and coilovers.

97 king cobra

Reaction score
Just an update, the car weighed 2880 w/o me before i switched to manual steering last week, and still have the passenger seat in the car. Should be about 2800lbs w/ those two changes.

Venom351R

Legend
Reaction score
^^^^
Nice weight

The K member, A amrs, Coilovers are all in. Just need to get it weighed. Im looking for a place to do it around here b/c I wont be going to the track for awhile b/c of a bad clutch

97 king cobra

Reaction score
Thanks, the only weight reduction still planned is...

lighter hood (20lbs saved)
alum heads (50lbs saved)
manual brakes (20lbs? saved)

possibles....

door crash bars w/ door panels (30lbs saved)
rear bumper support (20lbs saved)
heater core and misc stuff under dash (20lbs? saved)

It would be awesome to get this car to 2650lbs w/o me!!!! Free hp!

Venom351R

Legend
Reaction score
thats quite a list of what you have cut or plan to cut. My issue is that its still a street car too I dont want to cut things out like the rear bumper support and crash bars and exc exc so there is a limit of what I can hit for weight just b/c I dont want to make it fun or safe to drive on the street. But to drop what I can for weight will be nice

97 king cobra

Reaction score
yea this is a 95% track car. but it isnt really much to do the first 3 things but the last three are a lil more labor intensive.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online