What are these coolant hoses called?

maillemaker

Reaction score
Dumb question here.

I am replacing my thermostat housing with a new one that has an NPT port for adding a temperature sensor.

There is a small 90-degree rubber hose that attaches to it that goes to the water pump. There is another from the water pump that goes to a hard line towards the back of the motor - I'm guessing to the heater.

What are those hoses called so I can buy them? I assume you can't use standard hose as it would kink being bent so tightly?

I'm not having any luck on the O'Reilley web site.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
heater cross over tubes I think they are called but they are one of those parts that are specific to 94/95 because of the size(different from fox/thicker I think) are really hard to find. The o-rings that go in the bottom are known to rot out and can be replaced with a little bit of work. I think I still have one that I replaced the rings in and I just need to flare the bottom back out so it will lock in place.

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
He is asking about the hoses , nothing about the tubes

are you asking about the tubes or hoses

OP
OP
M

maillemaker

Reaction score
I am asking about the 2 short rubber hoses that go from the water pump to the a) thermostat housing and b) to the heater crossover tube (I guess that is what it is called).

The very short one turns 90 degrees and I figure you would need a molded hose for that or it would kink if you tried to make it from regular hose. The longer one can probably be made from regular heater hose but it bends rather tightly also.

I assumed these were formed hoses.

You can see them in the images below I dug up from the internet:

1689773639236.png

proxy.php?image=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FszD0LWd.jpg

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
I’m on my way to the parts store to get the one from the water pump to thermostat housing right now

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
water pump to thermostat hose that is the only name of description
and what it has been known as

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I have found most of the autoparts stores to be great investments the past few years and it does take some of the sting out of buying parts if you get it from a store you have stock in.

ctandc

Reaction score
It's hard for me to use local chain stores anymore. $40 for their house brand 'lifetime' part or for around the same cost w/shipping I can get OEM or better from RockAuto or amazon. There are a couple local NAPA stores and one O'Reilly where they have decent staff and I have a good rapport with - but the price differences sometimes are just ridiculous

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
It's hard for me to use local chain stores anymore. $40 for their house brand 'lifetime' part or for around the same cost w/shipping I can get OEM or better from RockAuto or amazon. There are a couple local NAPA stores and one O'Reilly where they have decent staff and I have a good rapport with - but the price differences sometimes are just ridiculous

On stuff like heater horses and coolant bypass hoses that I can get right away it’s hard not to use the parts store when it’s 3 mins away . I do order lots of stuff online though .

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I use to be all about ordering online and saving money till I started seeing how good the fakes looked but how badly they performed.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online

No members online now.