01 Cobra Vortech "Composite" pulley.

Wild Horses

Reaction score
So this thing is really getting on my nerves. I swear it's making a rattling sound and it just seems wayyyy too flimsy for me to be comfortable with. My question is who makes a good aluminum replacement I can throw on there? I have no idea what size it is other than knowing it's six rib. I haven't gone as far as having carquest pull on off the shelf to measure it yet and I can't see any reason to pull the entire blower to find out. Lol. Any help would be appreciated.

This is the idler pulley in question.
450B31AA-08FA-447A-B6AA-F0C8468665FD_zps6remz1jo.jpeg

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
so you had it right there in front of you to take a pic but it was easier to ask us what size it is then to throw a ruler on it then?

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
so you had it right there in front of you to take a pic but it was easier to ask us what size it is then to throw a ruler on it then?

You so beat me to that!!!! Lmao

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I wasn't sure if I went over the a-hole line, or if he was under the lazy line. But I am pretty sure our first question to solve this problem is, what size is it?

OP
OP
Wild Horses

Wild Horses

Reaction score

Because I love asking questions about my own build and car and posting pics of it on the internet. Lmao

That pic was actually taken during install before that idler made a single belt revolution. Back then had I known how garbage they were I'd have gotten a billet one then. But only recently has it begun to rattle and cause ruckus.

OP
OP
Wild Horses

Wild Horses

Reaction score
No clue what size it is. I've been so slammed at work and with getting this thing ready in my spare time at work to go back onto the dyno Tuesday. I figured why not ask here if there's a popular billet replacement someone could easily link me to so it's right the first time and one less thing on my check list. And trust me this list is a long one. Of course I can look up the dayco part number I had to cross reference from the Vortech # and get the size and specs but it's a Vortech kit on an 01-04 Cobra/mach. Didn't think it'd be a trade secret or something.

95opal

Reaction score
I beleave the vortech composite pulley is 3".... Pull a measurement to double check. Also doesnt mean you have to run the same size...if you dont a different size belt may be needed.

OP
OP
Wild Horses

Wild Horses

Reaction score
Yea I was kinda thinking the same recently. I'm using the belt for the 3.33 pulley and running the 3.6 pulley now so I could go down in size. I do like how tight the belt is though... the car actually made more power with the bigger pulley and im only guessing from less belt slip? Lol no idea on that one. I hate pulling these head units off to swap parts.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online