Want To Buy 03/04 COBRA FRONT BRAKES

savant

Reaction score
Sorry to join the forum looking for parts, but I no longer own a sn95... plans to get another, but neck deep in a 68 fastback build currently.

I am converting the fastback to 03/04 cobra IRS and want to go with termi front brakes to match. Looking for a set of the cobra rotors, calipers, pads, and lines in nice useable shape. Not interested in any other years or models.. I know it's narrow, but I want to keep it as matching as I can.

Please let me know if you have anything!

I am located outside Shreveport, Louisiana and willing to pay for shipping.
Reply here or email with pics @ savantjk at gmail dot com

Thanks!

james1cobra

Reaction score
i have cobra front brakes they are the same from 96-98 cobras 03 04 machs and cobras mine are the 13inch rotors twin piston calipers(pbr) and caliper brackets

SVTstang96

Reaction score
i have cobra front brakes they are the same from 96-98 cobras 03 04 machs and cobras mine are the 13inch rotors twin piston calipers(pbr) and caliper brackets

Correct me if I am wrong, but the 96-04 cobra brakes are all the same I thought. If so I have a set of 01 Cobra front brakes. Rotors are drilled and slotted but could use a cleaning since they have surface rust from sitting for a few years.

james1cobra

Reaction score
They are the same and mine are drilled and slotted and also could use a cleaning

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Win

Legend
Reaction score
Correct me if I am wrong, but the 96-04 cobra brakes are all the same I thought. If so I have a set of 01 Cobra front brakes. Rotors are drilled and slotted but could use a cleaning since they have surface rust from sitting for a few years.

You shall be corrected.

94-01 are the exact same minus the way the cobra was either inset or on the face of the caliper. 94/95 and some 96 had the inset Cobra on the Caliper. Later 96-04 cobra was raised. The 03/04 Cobra also had a 40mm piston vs the 38mm of 94-01. 03/04 mach 1 had the same 40mm pistons. The bullit caliper still utilized the 38mm if that serves me correct.

So there ya go. They all use a 13" rotor or actually 12.99" I think actually.

I could get into GT brakes but I might have the Dalton almighty come in and try and correct me. Haha

RichV

Reaction score
What are you using for the front end spindle and control arms? I looked into this for my 65 but saving on OE parts was't really there since you had to get a boatload of other parts. A complete kit was easier and came out to extremely similar $.

OP
OP
S

savant

Reaction score
Can use stock spindles and control arms. I'm going tubular and coilover though. Mustang Steve makes a kit to adapt the cobra brakes to the classic drum spindles. I have a termi IRS going in out back so wanted to keep brakes all around the same.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001

Members online