Want To Buy 03/04 COBRA FRONT BRAKES

Discussion in 'Wanted (WTB / WTT)' started by savant, Apr 12, 2014.

1. savant

savant New Member

Sorry to join the forum looking for parts, but I no longer own a sn95... plans to get another, but neck deep in a 68 fastback build currently.

I am converting the fastback to 03/04 cobra IRS and want to go with termi front brakes to match. Looking for a set of the cobra rotors, calipers, pads, and lines in nice useable shape. Not interested in any other years or models.. I know it's narrow, but I want to keep it as matching as I can.

Please let me know if you have anything!

I am located outside Shreveport, Louisiana and willing to pay for shipping.
    Reply here or email with pics @ savantjk at gmail dot com

Thanks!

2. james1cobra

james1cobra Member

i have cobra front brakes they are the same from 96-98 cobras 03 04 machs and cobras mine are the 13inch rotors twin piston calipers(pbr) and caliper brackets

3. SVTstang96

SVTstang96 Well-Known Member

Correct me if I am wrong, but the 96-04 cobra brakes are all the same I thought. If so I have a set of 01 Cobra front brakes. Rotors are drilled and slotted but could use a cleaning since they have surface rust from sitting for a few years.

4. james1cobra

james1cobra Member

They are the same and mine are drilled and slotted and also could use a cleaning

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

5. savant

savant New Member

Pm sent svt

6. Win

Win Legend

You shall be corrected.

94-01 are the exact same minus the way the cobra was either inset or on the face of the caliper. 94/95 and some 96 had the inset Cobra on the Caliper. Later 96-04 cobra was raised. The 03/04 Cobra also had a 40mm piston vs the 38mm of 94-01. 03/04 mach 1 had the same 40mm pistons. The bullit caliper still utilized the 38mm if that serves me correct.

So there ya go. They all use a 13" rotor or actually 12.99" I think actually.

I could get into GT brakes but I might have the Dalton almighty come in and try and correct me. Haha

7. james1cobra

james1cobra Member

Well there's some knowledge for all of us thanks win

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

8. RichV

RichV Well-Known Member

What are you using for the front end spindle and control arms? I looked into this for my 65 but saving on OE parts was't really there since you had to get a boatload of other parts. A complete kit was easier and came out to extremely similar $.

9. savant

savant New Member

Can use stock spindles and control arms. I'm going tubular and coilover though. Mustang Steve makes a kit to adapt the cobra brakes to the classic drum spindles. I have a termi IRS going in out back so wanted to keep brakes all around the same.