Washer motor replacement

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
So as usual, one thing leads to another. I know none of you are familiar with this or have had it happen to you. Yeah, right!

While vacuuming out the door jambs, my OCD kicked in and decided to investigate further how/where all that debris gets in there. So, off comes the wipers and cowl. Ok, now I see how all that crap gets in there.

Then I decided to check the wiper motor. Trickle. That would explain why the fluid barely got to the windshield. Obviously the lines are clear because fluid got to the nozzles. And of course I snapped one of the nozzles removing the line from it, so will be replacing both (using headlight bulb logic) ;-)

Also noticed the cosmetic black ring-a-dings (?) were missing from atop the base of the wiper blade mount. Always thought it was an eyesore.

So now I have remedies: ordered 2 new nozzles, 2 ring-a-ding thingamabobbers, and 1 new wiper washer fluid motor.

Took the opportunity to do a quick once-over underneath the cowl cover. Then, to top it off, I looked at a YouTube video on how to replace the washer motor. PITA!! But, it needs doing, so….(keep ya posted) Oh, and 5/16” wheel spacers.IMG_2228.jpegIMG_2229.jpegIMG_2230.jpegIMG_2225.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_2227.jpeg
    IMG_2227.jpeg
    387.3 KB · Views: 7

joemomma

Reaction score
Keep us posted. Did your cowl cover give you any trouble when trying to remove it? I was thinking about trying to take mine off to hit it with some SEM trim black paint, as it is badly faded and 303 only lasts so long. I've heard horror stories of them going to pieces and they aren't cheap to replace.

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Keep us posted. Did your cowl cover give you any trouble when trying to remove it? I was thinking about trying to take mine off to hit it with some SEM trim black paint, as it is badly faded and 303 only lasts so long. I've heard horror stories of them going to pieces and they aren't cheap to replace.
Joemomma,
Not much trouble and did not break. I actually upgraded to the Ford OE replacement, which has the best tooling and clips, support etc. A bit pricey but Uncle Sam’s tax return footed the bill ( my one indulgence!)

The one it’s replacing is in perfect condition… if interested??

joemomma

Reaction score
let me see how mine goes during the removal :) Always good to know where a replacement is if needed!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bwiz760

Members online